Repeal of '10-Year Rule' Could Unleash SF MRB Volume
- Bill Seeks to Help More Families Enjoy Mortgage Programs. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p5
Reports on a bill that will help more families enjoy mortgage revenue bond programs in the United States. Qualifications for a low-interest, tax-exempt revenue bond financed mortgage based on household income; Provisions of the bill.
- Avoid Retroactive Bond Bills, NABL Plans to Ask Congress. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p1
Focuses on the letter drafted by a National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) task force, seeking to discourage members of the United States Congress from introducing bills with retroactive effective dates in order to curb certain tax-exempt bond transactions. Rationale behind the group's...
- Sponsor proposes new limits on disaster mortgage bonds to avoid misuse. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/13/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30272, p6
Focuses on the legislation introduced in Congress by Representative Jim Ramstad in early November 1997 to rework limits on disaster mortgage revenue bonds (MRBs) and reinstate restrictions to ensure it does not open an unintended loophole. Clarifications proposed to the mortgage subsidy; Terms...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p37
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report. Legislation; Proposed law; Status.
- S.C. Lawmakers Vote to Reject Aid For Restructuring Toll Road Debt. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the opposition of legislators in South Carolina to legislation for restructuring over 200 million dollars of tax-exempt bonds for a 16-mile toll road in Greenville.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p24
A chart is presented that lists several legislation related to bond buyer in the U.S. in 2011 including the Bipartisan Tax fairness and Simplification Act of 2011, Simplified, Manageable and Responsible Tax Act and Public Law: Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011.
- Powerful Committee Clears Way for $2.7 Billion Referendum. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p4
Focuses on bond-related legislative activities in the Virginia general Assembly. Approval of a legislation that would authorize bond offerings to fund transportation projects; Scope of the bill proposed by John A. Rollison; Approval of a proposal to issue tax-exempt general obligation debt for...