Senate Tax Bill Passes; School Bonds Now Up to Conferees
- Senate okays Obama's tax cut bill, now all eyes on the House. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;12/16/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 51, p4
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Senate to pass the tax cuts and unemployment package bill of President Barack Obama.
- Roll Call: Democratic Tax Bill Fails Amid Procedural Delays. // Human Events;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p22
Reports that the United States (U.S.) Senate rejected the tax cut plan proposed by U.S. House Democrats. Features of the tax cut plan; Details on the motion made by the U.S. House Democrats to recommit the bill; Arguments used to justify the tax cut plan.
- House Passes Tax Cut, Senate Rejects 'Lockboxes.' // Human Events;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p23
Reports that the United States (U.S.) Senate passed the first part of the tax cut proposal of United States President George W. Bush. Challenges faced by U.S. House Republicans in passing the bill; Voting of the Senate on the repeal of former U.S. President Bill Clinton's ergonomics...
- Roll Call: House Approves Slow Tax-Rate Reductions. // Human Events;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p23
Highlights the approval of the United States (U.S.) Senate on the tax cut proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush. Opposition of U.S. House Democrats on the tax cut proposal; Features of the tax cut proposal; Details on the motion made by the House Democrats for recommitting the tax cut bill.
- As Senate Rejects Estate Tax Repeal, Proponents Vow To Fight On. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/17/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 24, p42
Reports on the Senate vote in June 2002 against the repeal of the estate tax in the U.S. Implications of the move; Provisions of the estate tax of the U.S.; Outlook of the life insurance industry.
- Nearly party-line vote rejects Senate 'millionaires tax'. // Hill;7/18/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 105, p21
The article reports on the outcome of the U.S. Senate's meeting titled "Senate Vote 108: Cloture on the Sense of the Senate resolution to increase taxes on millionaires" held on July 13, 2011 which showed that party-line vote rejects the government's millionaires tax resolution.
- Senate Almost Repeals Tax on Social Security. // Human Events;4/14/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p30
Announces that the U.S. Senate rejected an amendment to the budget outline on March 25, 2003 that would have made it possible to repeal President Bill Clinton's 1993 tax on Social Security benefits. Number of Democrats who voted against the amendment; Origin of the 1993 tax.
- A VICTORY BY ANY STANDARD. Cannon, Carl M. // National Journal;4/14/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p1110
Focuses on the tax cut proposed by United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush which was approved by the U.S. Senate in April 2001. Role of bipartisanship in the tax cut approval.
- Vote on Stimulus Bill; GOP Has Gripes. Heller, Michele // American Banker;11/8/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 215, p20
Focuses the motion for the stimulus bill passed in the United States State Finance Committee. Provisions of the bill; Specifications of the tax cuts and rebates embedded in the code; Support of banking industry officials on the proposal.