Impacts of the Changing Economic and Social Environment on Mangers of Agricultural Firms: Discussion
- Impacts of the Changing Economic and Social Environment on Mangers of Agricultural Firms. Candler, Wilfred // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec71, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p870
Examines the impacts of the economic and social environment on the managers of agricultural firms. Impact of computers on firm management; Advantages and limitations of the increase in the size of agricultural firms; Arguments for the reduction of government intervention in agricultural...
- Impacts of the Changing Economic and Social Environment on Mangers of Agricultural Firms: Discussion. Williams, William F. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec71, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p877
Comments on the article by Wilfred Candler in the December 1, 1971 issue of the 'American Journal of Agricultural Economics' about the impacts of social and economic environment on managers of agricultural farms. Increase in the managerial requirements of agriculture and of agricultural...
- Questions Critical to the Successful Financial Management of the Farm Firm--Status of Our Research Answers. Harrison, Virden L. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec71, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p885
Presents a study which examined the factors that are critical to the successful financial management of farm corporations in the United States. Goals of farm managers; How the farm will be financed and operated in each stage of its life cycle; Determination of organizational structure which is...
- Analysis of Purchasing Decision with Multivariate Probit. Kau, Paul; Hill, Lowell // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec71, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p882
Presents a study which analyzed the purchasing decisions in farm corporations. Use of a multivariate probit model; Examination of the relationship between the decision to purchase a farm dryer and selected farm characteristics; Factors which contribute to the decision to purchase farm dryers.
- Share your 'know-how' // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p45
Presents several approaches to nurturing and broadening the farm management skills of a farm business successor.
- Farm manager who really enjoys earning his living. // Farmers Weekly;4/12/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 15, following p106
Interviews Simon Thompson on his life as a farm manager. Attributes that are vital to farm managers; Compensation benefits; Average hours of work in a week.
- Real profit needs honest thought, not maximum production. Davis, Walt // Nebraska Farmer;Apr2012, Vol. 154 Issue 4, pBP6
The author discusses the need for farm managers to honestly evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of his programs to gain profit.
- From Russia with... big hp. Jewer, Robin // Farmers Weekly;5/10/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 19, p40
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a senior farm manager for Andropovsk Agric Project in Great Britain.
- Profiting from the chaff. Carter, Toni Owen // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p16
Discusses the project at the Dalum feedlot south of Drumheller which converts farm-grown barley straw into ethanol fuel. The new ammonia extraction process; Ethanol production as viable even for small farms; Using manure; Kelowna, B.C.-based Farm Energy Corporation (FEC), the sponsor of the...