Let's move on transportation
- Only the riders have changed. Walker, Sam // Christian Science Monitor;11/25/97, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p3
Looks at the elevated railroad in Chicago, Illinois. How, after a century, it remains a cherished, if noisy, icon; Historic observations; Statistic on riders; Viability of the L which remains inextricably linked to the city's neighborhoods and its downtown business climate.
- The 'Hardware' Gap in Urban Transport. Smerk, George M. // Business Horizons;Spring66, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the problems of urban transportation in the United States. Improvements in the quality of urban mass transport; Production of an expedited service to lessen travel time consumption; Importance of bus services on the urban transportation system.
- Managerial Decision-Making Criteria in Urban Mass Transit. Horn, Kevin H. // Transportation Journal;Summer78, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Discusses the changing structure and performance in the U.S. transit industry. Goals and decision-making criteria followed in the local transit; Hypothesized performance measures of transit services; List of survey respondents; Ranking of the utilization of hypothesized measures of transit...
- Curb rights. Klein, Daniel B.; Moore, Adrian T. // Independent Review;Summer97, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p29
Proposes a system of curb rights to improve urban transit. Transit markets with deficient property rights; Bus privatization and deregulation; Market advantages of jitneys; Appropriability of the returns on investment in scheduled service; Thick and thin transit markets in the absence of curb...
- VIEWPOINT. // Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the strategic plan adapted by the Metropolitan Transit Development Board to improve the services offered by transit agencies in San Diego, California. Objective of the plan; Example of the needs of riders; Importance of knowing the needs and wants of riders.
- Lighten up. Kivlehan, Noella Pio // Estates Gazette;5/11/2002, Issue 219, p105
Reports on the planned light rapid transit system in Bristol, England. Extent of the line; Confusion and fear surrounding the system; Benefits of the scheme.
- Megatren eases Manila crush. // Railway Gazette International;May2003, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p251
Reports on the inauguration of the Manila Light Rail Transit Authority Line 2 in the Philippines in April 2003. Details of the inauguration activities; Functional capabilities of the rail transit; Construction plans for additional rail routes.
- A Time-Series Analysis of Management and Administrative Resources Consumed at Large Transit Agencies. Miller, Gerald K. // Transportation Quarterly;Apr91, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p211
Presents a time-series analysis of management and administrative resources consumed at large transit agencies in several cities of the U.S. Reason behind the decline of the operating efficiency of most urban transit systems; Factors that led to the trend of growing real costs; Management...
- Catapulting Canada's newest rail. Smith, Ian // Trains;Sep2010, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p20
No abstract available.