Broward County, Fla., to Settle Hotel Plan
- Fla. Developer Reportedly Quits Hotel Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31193, p40
Reports that Donahue Peebles has backed out of a hotel project in Bradenton, Florida. Possible issuance of bonds by county commissioners to finance the project.
- The Peebles Choice. Medina, Kerry // Travel Agent;10/14/2002, Vol. 310 Issue 2, p6
No abstract available.
- New $2.5 billion mega-resort planned. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/2/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 27, Special section p7
The article focuses on the plans of developer Donahue Peebles to build a non-gaming resort on Paradise Road in Las Vegas, Nevada. The project is worth $2.5 billion. The resort will feature luxury brand shops, restaurants and designer boutiques. It will be composed of 55-story glass towers that...
- Las Palmas developer generating ire in California. Shemeligian, Bob // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/22/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses the plan of Donahue Peebles to develop an 87-acre site in Pacifica in California. His Peebles Corp. has spent $1.3 million in trying to convince Pacifica voters to approve a residential project for the Quarry. Peebles also plans to develop a 55-story hotel-apartment at the...
- Project by Rogers Marvel to Rise on Brooklyn Waterfront. // Architectural Record;Aug2012, Vol. 200 Issue 8, p28
The article announces that the firm Rogers Marvel Architects and the developers Toll Brothers and Starwood Capital secured the commission to design a 550,000-square-foot condominium and hotel building overlooking Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn, New York City.
- Times Sq. bed spread. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p3
No abstract available.
- Trying To Get To Zero On Hotel. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the trend to use public funding to build hotels in Michigan. Proposed convention hotel for Calder Plaza; Partnership between public and private sector.
- Taxpayers should not be put at risk for building convention center hotel. Kozachik, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;7/26/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p26
In this article the author discusses aspects of the study conducted by Dr. Heywood Sanders of University of Texas in San Antonio, Texas, which states that the predictions made by HVS regarding the construction of a financially viable hotel in Tucson, Arizona were flawed.
- Are we paying too much for a convention center hotel? Willenbrock, Alan // Inside Tucson Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p17
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the alleged overpaying of Tucson, Arizona for the proposed project of downtown convention center hotel.