PIMCO, BlackRock IPOs to Follow Nuveen's Lead
- Nuveen Investments Proposes BAB Closed-End Fund. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33276, p7
The article reports on the plan of investment management firm Nuveen Investments Inc. to devote its investment vehicles to Build America Bonds (BAB) closed-end fund in the U.S.
- RESEARCH. // Money Management Executive;10/24/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the study from asset management company Nuveen Investments Inc. which found that financial advisers recommend closed-end funds as their clients are increasingly seeking diversification and income opportunities for their existing portfolios.
- Nuveen Investments Launches New High-Yield Municipal Bond Portfolio. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p32
Reports that Nuveen Investments has launched a closed-end fund that will invest in high-yield municipal bonds. Amount of the raised fund; Advantages of investing in high-yield municipal bonds; Issuance of preferred shares at low short-term rates; Manager of the fund.
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 31, p15
Presents chart depicting the average price of recent 100 initial public offerings excluding closed-end funds and unit offerings containing warrants in the U.S. market.
- Predicted IPO surge fails to materialize; Stock slump, trading discount blamed. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p7
Focuses on closed-end municipal bond funds entering the market in the United States. Factors which affected the slowing of initial public offerings (IPO); Decrease in IPOs since the stock market began experiencing heavy losses; Impact of trading discounts.
- Pimco Delays Dividend Payments. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;3/9/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the postponement of the dividend payments by Pacific Investment Management Co. for three of its closed-end funds, as of March 9, 2009. The decision is attributed to the declining value of auction-rate preferred shares. The funds are the Pimco Corporate Income Fund,...
- Closed-End Funds: Alliance, Nuveen Plan 11 New Launches. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p8
Reports on the plan of Alliance Capital Management Corp. and Nuveen Investment to launch 11 closed-end municipal bond funds in the U.S. Total Assets raised by 31 closed-end funds launched by the companies during the year 2001; Demand for municipal closed-end funds in the bond market; States for...
- Nuveen Fine-Tunes ETFConnect.com. // American Banker;3/16/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 51, p11
The article looks at Nuveen Investments and the revamping of ETFConnect.com, which provides information on exchange-traded closed-end funds and index exchange-traded funds. The site was launched in 2001 and covers more than 850 funds from 121 fund sponsors. Fund sorting and comparisons have been...
- PPIP-Tied Nuveen Fund Raises $350M. // American Banker;11/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 213, p11
The article reports on a 2009 announcement from Nuveen Investments Inc. of Chicago, Illinois. In the announcement the firm indicated that it had raised $350 million for a closed-end fund called the Nuveen Mortgage Opportunity Fund that gives individual investors their first chance to take part...