Oklahoma Legislature Passes Income Tax Cut
- Tax a BEE in the bonnet. Mabotja, Sello // Finance Week;2/17/2003, p29
Discusses how the amendments to South Africa's Income Tax Act could add more challenges to the already embattled black economic empowerment drive. Provision of tax relief in instances of group rationalizations; Remarks of tax expert Ernest Mazansky regarding the restructuring of the taxation...
- Tax Relief Act of 2001 means savings for all. Schannep, Tim; Bryson, Greg // Inside Tucson Business;8/13/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 19
Describes the Tax Relief Act of 2001 in the United States. Creation of a ten percent tax bracket down from fifteen percent; Tax savings for a family of four; Tax cuts regarding education costs, retirement savings, estate taxes, child and dependent care and marital status.
- New federal act creates tax-saving opportunities. Jaeger, James // Orange County Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p20
Reports that for higher income taxpayers in the United States the centerpiece of the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 enacted last August is its tax cut on long-term capital gains. Cautions to consider when planning for capital transactions; Opportunities for individual retirement accounts (IRAs);...
- A Note From the: Editors-in-Chief. Kent, Margaret; Feinschreiber, Robert // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Jun2008, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Alexander Pan on China's new corporate income tax law and regulations, and another by Dale Collinson and Sarah Spear on proposed legislation that requires brokers to report investors' tax basis.
- Income Tax Section 170 and Section 345. // Accountancy;Mar1967, Vol. 78 Issue 883, p202
Answers a query regarding sections 170 and 345 of the Income Tax Act of 1952 in Great Britain. Maintenance relief and management expenses; Payment of interest on loan from the shareholder.
- COMPLEXITY IN THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX LAW. Levine, Mark Lee // Real Estate Issues;Spring2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the complexity of federal income tax laws in the U.S. Information on efforts to reduce the complexity of the Tax Code; Details on the targeted areas for simplification; Effect of complexities on taxpayers.
- Your Guide to the New Tax Laws. Block, Julian // ABA Journal;Nov86, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p70
Discusses the changes made by the Tax Reform Act of 1986 to the income tax laws in the United States. Reductions in individual tax rate; Hike in flat standard deduction; Increase in personal exemptions.
- Catholic leaders urge voters to approve state tax increase. // National Catholic Reporter;1/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p7
Highlights the Oregon Catholic Conference's endorsement of Measure 28 which increases income tax.
- Six Smart Tax Moves. Topolnicki, Denise M. // Fortune;3/16/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p172
Focuses on ways to take advantage of the 1997 Tax Act. Capitalizing on new capital gains tax rates; Opening an individual retirement account (IRA) for your spouse; Contributing to a Roth IRA; Moving on the new $500,000 tax break; Cashing in on new tax breaks for education; Getting clear on new...