Unable to Issue New Bonds, Illinois Agency Carries on What Business It Can
- Loyola University will convert chunk of debt to taxable. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30294, p32
Reports in December 1997, that Loyola University of Chicago will convert a portion of its bond debt to tax exempt status. Information on the original issue; Value of the debt to be converted; Benefits of the conversion.
- Higher Ed Board Meets Amid Tensions With Illinois Officials. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p3
Focuses on the holding of the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority monthly meeting despite tensions with state officials in Chicago, Illinois. Extension of a liquidity facility issued by Bank One for its university pooled financing program; Failure to forward information related to the...
- Univ. of Chicago Deal Readied After IHEFA-State Pact. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p25
Focuses on the deal between the University of Chicago and the Illinois Higher Educational Facilities Authority. Resolution of conflict between the authority and the Bureau of Budget; Plans for sale of fixed rate bonds and variable rate paper; Aid for the construction of school and research...
- IEFA Green-Lights $250 Million Sale for Univ. of Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/31/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31689, p4
Reports on the approval granted by the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority to sell $250 million money bonds by the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois. Revenues generated through sale of these bonds; Reason for the sale of these bonds by the university; Possible effects of the...
- A Strained Relationship. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p1
Reports the dispute of between the office of Governor George Ryan and the Educational Facilities Authority over bond taxes in Chicago, Illinois. Causes of the rift according to several sources; Reaction of Ryan to the double tax-exemption; Views of the investors on the pricing scales of the...
- With cap repealed, University of Chicago to sell $217 million in tax-exempts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30404, p53
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based University of Illinois' sale of about $217 million of revenue bonds through the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority. Selection of First Chicago Capital Markets and Loop Capital Markets Inc. as co-managers for the deal; Background on the deal.
- Illinois authority proposes changes for education bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p3
Reports on the proposal by the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority for private nonprofit colleges to use tax-exempt bonds to finance construction projects outside the state. Plan to extend the authority's powers to include financing schools' working capital costs; Other related proposals;...
- Illinois EFA OKs second off-balance-sheet DePaul deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p4
Reports that a not-for-profit company will sell several million dollars of its debt through the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority (EFA) as of July 1999 to fund a second project which is under development. University to which the properties of the company will be leased to after their...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.