IRS Has Drafted Three Initial Audit Letters to Send Issuers
- IRS Closes Targeted Audit of Philadelphia Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;1/06/2014, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ended its targeted audit of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's 2010A water and wastewater revenue refunding bonds. Topics discussed included the IRS decision not to change the tax-exempt status of the bonds, the reasons behind the...
- Play dumb. Murphy, Brian // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p62
Presents advice on how to handle economic reality tax audits. Details from the National Institute of Business Management's Executive Wealth Advisory.
- How do you handle a tax audit? // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p9
Answers the question on how to handle a tax audit. Ongoing process for tax preparation; Updated and well documented files; Cooperation.
- The tax man cometh. Lorinc, John // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p28
Discusses how to manage a tax audit by Revenue Canada. Awareness of what Revenue Canada can and cannot inspect; Reassessment negotiation; Grey deductions frequently targeted; Improvement quality of Revenue Canada's auditing. INSET: How to deal with the tax auditors..
- THE EFFECT OF AUDIT RATES ON THE FEDERAL INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX, 1977-1986. Dubin, Jeffrey A.; Graetz, Michael J. // National Tax Journal;Dec90, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p395
Examines the effect of audit rates on the filing of federal individual income tax returns and the self-reporting of taxes due. Analysis of data drawn from the Annual Report of the Commissioner of Internal Revenue and the Statistics of Income for the years 1977-1986; Variables related to the tax...
- Survey results of German transfer pricing audits. Dehnen, Peter H. // Tax Executive;May/Jun95, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p192
Presents an outline of the survey results of German transfer pricing audits. Familiarity with German legal provisions; Experience with German tax audits.
- Audit alert! Quint, Barbara Gilder // Glamour;Jul95, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p66
Focuses on ways to handle an audit from the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Reply to the IRS letter asking for backup on several items in the tax return; Compliance with summons to the IRS office to discuss tax returns; Field audits.
- Avoid the audit red flags as you file your tax return. MacDonald, Elizabeth M. // Money;Jan1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p78
Looks at some of the top audit instigators which will be used by the IRS to determine whether 1993 tax returns should be audited. Entertainment breaks; Overstating deductions; Overstating property damage and theft losses; More.
- Tax court could reform extension agreement. // Practical Accountant;Mar95, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the decision of the US Tax Court concerning tax audits. Extending the limitation period for assessing and collecting taxes; Termination of the agreements; Deficiency notices sent by the Internal Revenue Service; Power of the Tax Court to reform consent-to-extend agreement.