Effective Retirement for Family Business Owner-Managers: Perspectives of Financial Planners, Part I
- RETIREMENT PLANNING. Fitts, Jim // Investment Advisor;Aug2012, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p57
The article offers information on family business succession planning. It mentions that succession planning have different elements including goal setting goals for the transition process, creation of a plan, and lifestyle balance for the retired owner in which financial planners play an...
- Suzanne BUSKA. Williams, Daniel D. // Senior Market Advisor;Aug2013, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p27
The article features financial advisor Suzanne Buska, of Central-Wisconsin-based Buska Retirement Solutions, a family run business with four generations of Buskas. She has been in the business of helping people with estate planning, retirement income planning and safe money strategies since...
- The Magnificent Seven. Rattiner, Jeffrey H. // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p107
Presents strategies that financial planners in the U.S. should consider implementing to help clients save taxes. Improved use of the IRC Section 179 deduction; Tips for maximizing retirement contributions; Advantages of hiring family members in a business.
- Effective Retirement for Family Business Owner-Managers: Perspectives of Financial Planners, Part II. Tom L., Potts; Schoen, John E.; Loeb, Margery Engel; Hulme, Fred S. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p86
Part II. Discusses the issues which financial planners should address when planning the retirement of family business owner-managers. Financial security of the retirees; Elimination or reduction of business liability exposure; Circumstances that would encourage retiring managers to continue...
- Retirement Planning For Family Firm Owners. MATTERA, S. GEORGE // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/1/99, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the retirement plans for business owners. Plan design that maximize owner's benefit and minimize costs for his employees; How to design retirement plan for family business; Details on the profit-sharing plan.
- Retirement Planning For The Family Business Owner. Knapp, David N. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/29/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on the retirement planning for family business owner. Importance on the proper planning for the succession of management; Elaboration on the retirement income needs of the owners and the transfer of ownership to family members; Details of the planning scheme for the business.
- Family Business Retirement Plans Cover Wide Range. Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/20/99, Vol. 17 Issue 51, pB1
Reports on the need for family-owned business enterprises to offer retirement plans for their employees. Retirement benefits' attraction of qualified employees; Reluctance of family-owned businesses to offer retirement plans.
- MEMBER PULSE. // Advisor Today;Aug2001, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p76
Presents several responses to questions on the professional and industrial markets that comprise the business of the insurance and finance advisors, and forecasts on changes. Work with individuals; Nature of business that centers on retirement planning; Choice of family-oriented business.
- What do you mean I can't retire? Walsh, Thomas // Business Journal (Central New York);8/27/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p17
The article focuses on business proprietors who find difficulties during the time of transition of their business especially the family-owned businesses (FOBs) and closely held businesses (CHBs). The proprietors of FOBs and CHBs often face a rude awakening when they get ready to retire. As the...