Tough Choices: Helping Parents Save for College and Retirement
- The 'Failure to Launch' Factor. Sharry, Jack // On Wall Street;May2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p57
This article discusses several factors to consider when planning the retirement plan of clients who support their parents. There has been an increase in the cost of four years at a private college according to a survey conducted by the College Board in the U.S. Financial advisers can help its...
- Clients are thinking more about retirement. Fevurly, Keith R. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb1994, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p66
Reports on the result of the 1993 College for Financial Planning Survey of Trends conducted on selected Certified Financial Planners in the United States. Retirement planning as the most important concern; Age profile of a typical planner's client; Factors to be considered in retirement...
- Planners still preferred. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the research conducted by Investment Trends claiming that financial planners are still preferred by consumers for retirement planning advice.
- LIMRA study: Pre-retirees with advisors are better prepared. // Life Insurance Selling;Jan2013, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that according to a study conducted by the Life Insurance and Market Research Association (LIMRA), pre-retirees who work with a financial advisor are more likely to indulge in financial planning activity than those who don't work with advisors.
- Nurturing your nest egg. Andruss, Paula Lyon // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p106
Focuses on the importance of long-range planning for a fulfilling retirement. Relevance of creating a financial plan; Estimation of individual retirement needs; Role of financial planners. INSETS: RESOURCES FOR RETIREMENT PLANNING;PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENTS.
- Research rules. Bradbury, Sheriar // Money Marketing;5/26/2011, p45
In this article, the author discusses the significance for independent financial advisors (IFAs) to research for potential tax-efficient measures so that clients can save for their retirement though venture capital trusts (VCTs) and enterprise investment schemes (EISs) are considered as viable...
- Working with Retiring Employees. Williams, Rebecca C. // Advisor Today;Apr2001, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the points that should be considered by financial advisors in dealing with retiring prospects or clients.
- Investors Seen Back To Retirement Focus. Stock, Howard // American Banker;6/2/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 84, p10
The article focuses on a survey of phone calls and e-mail queries to financial consultants that demonstrated that 19 percent of calls were concerning retirement planning in the first quarter of 2010 which was an increase from 13 percent in the fourth quarter 2009.
- Billy Burrows: Annuity update. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/26/2015, p34
The article reports the annuity rates increase, and suggests that financial advisers should possess an important skill of foresight while advising their clients on retirement planning with such increases.