So You Want to Be a Software Developer?
- Know Your Numbers. BRODSKY, NORM // Inc.;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p39
The article presents questions and answers related to taxes, namely, how to find a financial adviser who can advise how to maximize business profit and minimize taxes paid, how to collect payments to companies that went bankrupt without formal bankruptcy proceedings, and how to determine when to...
- Net and operating incomes down in 1Q for Ed. Software... // Electronic Education Report;08/20/97, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p6
Reports about the decrease in the 1997 combined net profits and operating incomes of seven publicly traded educational software publishers according to Electronic Education Report's (EER) First Quarter Financial Performance Index. Total net losses for the quarter ending March 31; EduSoft...
- One suite deal. Dagenais, Tom // CA Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the product suite as software companies' marketing strategy for their software products. Reasons for companies' adoption of product suite marketing; Advantages and disadvantages of using suites; Tips on product suite selection.
- CORRECTION. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/16/2007, Issue 323675, p5
A correction to the article which states that GE had offered to buy Auto Soft Net's auto dealership software, that was published in the February 2, 2007 issue is presented.
- Software piracy poses global threat. // Internal Auditor;Oct94, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p10
Reports on a study by the Software Publishers Association which estimates that a total of $7.4 billion of business software in global markets was pirated in 1993. Contact information.
- Lessons from Selling Girl Scout Cookies. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
Editorial. Comments on the business of marketing accounting software. Lessons from the sale of Girl Scout cookies; Importance of a plan; Familiarity of the needs and wants of customers. INSET: The Small Business Wars..
- Scanning the computer software market. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb96, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p90
Presents a look at several computer software products available on the market. CAD programs: Cabinet Software Systems; CADKIT; Software from Design-A-Kitchen Incorporated.
- ENVI image package helps analyze images. // InfoWorld;12/6/93, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p21
Announces the shipping of some computer products. Environment for Visual Imagery (ENVI); Windows and Macintosh accounting software package from great Plains Software; Baarn's Utilities 5.0 from the Baarns Consulting Group Inc.; Features; Price.
- How slow will suites go? // Windows Watcher;10/23/96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p21
Presents statistical information on the estimated total worldwide revenues of suite software, from the second quarter of 1995 to the second quarter of 1996. Growth in revenue during the period; Comments from Robbie Bach, marketing vice president of Microsoft Corporation's Desktop Applications...