IRS Notice 2001-10: The Latest Word on Split-Dollar
- Split-Dollar Alchemy: IRS notice 2002ï¿½8 and the Winter of Discontent. Landsberg, Richard D. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;May2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the federal tax treatment for split-dollar life insurance arrangements in the U.S. Release of the test of Notice 2002-8 by the Internal Revenue Service; Availability planning opportunities for split-dollar arrangements; Issues controlling the shareholders and irrevocable life insurers.
- IRS clamps down on equity split-dollar insurance plans. Kistner, William G. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p100
Reports on a United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) ruling on equity split-dollar life insurance plans. Increasing use of split-dollar life insurance plans as part of executive compensation packages; Features of the technique; Advantages of the plan; Termination of the policy; Possible...
- Split-dollar headaches following key IRS ruling. Dumdei, Mark A. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug96, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p84
Examines the impact of the US Internal Revenue Service's issuance of Technical Advice Memorandum (TAM) on equity split dollar life insurance in the United States. Legal definition of economic benefit; Taxation on permanent benefits provided under a group of term life plan; Plans not affected by...
- Split dollar reckoning in the offing? Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/7/95, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p7
Reports that there will be a review of revenue rulings of split dollar products according to an official of the Internal Revenue Service. Principle that employees are interested in the death benefits rights under the policy as basis for the 1960s revenue ruling; Tenuous status of split dollar as...
- Taxation of Compensation and Benefits. Cvach, Gary Q .; Field, Karen M. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p28
Provides information on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Notice 2001-10 which contains rules concerning split dollar life insurance policies and other life insurance valuations. Background on split dollar life insurance policies provided by employers; Details of insurance cost valuation;...
- Equity split dollar ruling creates opportunities. Craig Sullivan, J. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/11/96, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p11
Reveals that planning opportunities in the US Internal Revenue Services' (IRS) Technical Advice Memorandum on equity split dollar (TAM 9604001). Polarities on the interpretation of the TAM on its applicability to insurers' clients; Ruling's lack of precendential authority.
- Second-to-die split dollar got boost in `97. Commito, Thomas F. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/5/98, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on a Letter Ruling 970927, the first second-to-die split dollar ruling issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in 1997. Previous ruling by the IRS on `single life' split dollar; How the IRS ruled on the estate tax issue; Identification of other IRS private letter...
- IRS Release Proposed Split-Dollar Rules. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 28, p39
Discusses the proposed rules issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on equity split-dollar insurance arrangements as of July 2002. Criticisms against the IRS; Purpose of the proposed rules; Claims of the IRS.
- IRS Posing Tax Changes In Split Dollar Plans. Payne, Scott // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/19/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 12, pB7
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service is posing tax changes in split dollar plans. Requirements for one-year term insurance rates; Taxation alternatives.