You Do Want a Higher Minimum Wage
- Evolution of legislation. // Congressional Digest;Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p70
Presents the major statutes affecting the federal minimum wage in the United States (US). Includes the establishment of the Bureau of Labor under the US Department of the Interior; Passage of the Davis Bacon Act by Congress; Approval for additional amendments on the Fair Labor Standards Act;...
- Legislation. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov66, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p1274
Reports on a bill signed by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson to increase the federal minimum wage and extending its coverage to millions of workers. Estimate number of affected employees in various industries.
- Extent of Coverage Under FLSA as Amended in 1966. Martin, Edward C. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr67, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p21
Examines the extent of coverage of the minimum wage provisions under the 1966 amendments to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Extension of coverage; Industry coverage; Status of nonsupervisory employees under the minimum wage provisions of the FLSA; Employees and establishments subject to...
- State labor legislation enacted in 1986. Nelson, Richard R. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan87, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p49
Examines state labor legislation enacted in the United States in 1986. Increases in hourly minimum wage; Collection of unpaid wages; Child labor legislation; Collective bargaining laws; Protection from employment discrimination.
- Changes in State labor laws in 1970. Weissbrodt, Sylvia // Monthly Labor Review;Jan71, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p14
Reports on reforms made in state labor laws in the United States in 1970. Approval of a new minimum wage law in Georgia; Provisions of a new federal wage garnishment law; Approach to public employee strikes enacted in Hawaii.
- The 1974 amendments to the Federal minimum wage law. Elder, Peyton // Monthly Labor Review;Jul74, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p33
Discusses the amendments to the United States federal minimum wage law made in 1974. Minimum wage of workers protected by the law; Minimum wage increases; Tip allowances; Types of workers protected under the revised minimum wage law.
- Two Minds On The Minimum Wage. Zelinski, Peter C. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb2007, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p14
The article focuses on issues related to a legislation that will mandate a higher minimum wage in the U.S. Almost 99 percent of U.S. citizens with jobs already earn more than the minimum wage. Still, any such change offers the potential to pressure other wages, so the issue is worth watching....
- State Workplace Law News. // HR Magazine;Jan2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p18
The article presents news briefs related to U.S. workplace laws as of January 2013 covering topics such as revisions to employee discrimination laws in California, an increase in the minimum wage in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and increase attention on independent contractor laws in Illinois.
- The Buzz. Socci, Anita // Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings;Feb2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
The article presents various topics related to the protective and marine coatings industry in the U.S. including a blog on employer's rights, a quiz on the relationship between a polyol and a polyalcohol, and statistics on the percentage of Americans who favored a bill on minimum wage increase.