Incentives That Really Reward and Motivate
- Bakers lands a new plant. P.H. // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p19
Features Behlen Manufacturing Co.'s manufacturing and distribution centers in Baker City, Oregon. Incentives used to attract Behlen Manufacturing Co. in setting up industrial sites at Baker; Behlen's expansion in the West.
- Worker group incentives show higher productivity. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/01/99, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p7C
Focuses on the production incentives at Nucor Corp. Creation of bonus groups.
- Behlen Mfg. Co. Expands to Texas. // Welding Journal;Feb2013, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on metal fabricating firm Behlen Mfg. Co.'s expansion in McGregor, Texas.
- CORRALING A PROFIT. D.S. // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the financial strategy of Oregon-based Behlen Manufacturing Co. Cost cutting efforts; Streamlining of work; Investment in a painting process.
- Case study: Team compensation. McNerney, Donald J. // Management Review;Feb95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p16
Probes into the compensation of employees who work as part of a team. Case study in Behlen Manufacturing; Base pay; Gain sharing bonuses; Profit sharing; Employee stock ownership program; Size and composition of Behlen's teams; Number of times an executive earns over a factory worker;...
- Agri-Engineering aims high. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;8/5/96, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p1
Reports on rotational molder Agri-Engineering Inc.'s plans for expansion with its parent company Behlen Manufacturing Co. as backers. Plans for expanding its custom molding operations; Background on the company's operations; Agri-Engineering's main purpose; Background on the relationship...
- The decade-long overnight success. Greco, Susan // Inc.;Dec94, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p72
Asserts that there have been few corporate turnarounds that have been flashier and faster as that which transformed Behlen, a Nebraska farm-equipment manufacturer run by Tony Raimondo. Why Raimondo opted to to get involved with the company when it was struggling a decade ago.
- Still Spending. Andelman, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Nov2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the reduction of spending for incentive trips among the companies in the U.S. Analysis of the financial commitment; Allocation of budgets; Selection of destination. INSET: Where the Cuts Are.
- WORK MEASUREMENT AND WAGE INCENTIVE SURVEY. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct77, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p26
Examines the productivity standard of business enterprises in the U.S. Survey on the wage incentive application of business enterprises; Attitude of companies toward incentives; Importance of work measurement in increasing productivity.