Managing Virtual Teams
- burning career issues. Causon, Jo // Personnel Today;6/3/2008, p33
The article presents an answer to a question related to the things to be focused upon to offer the workforce more opportunities to work remotely.
- Nortel slashes jobs. Skeffington, Robert; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;8/26/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p81
Reports on the decision of Canadian company Nortel Networks to cut its workforce.
- Nortel Eliminates Dividend, Suspends DRIP. // DRIP Investor;Sep2001, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports the elimination of dividend and suspension of DRIP for participants by Nortel Networks. Economic consideration on the elimination of dividend; Losses incurred by Nortel; Anticipation of period for recovery of Nortel's stocks.
- NORTEL PUSHES SERVICES PLAY WITH SOFTSWITCH. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/24/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p12
Introduces Nortel Networks Corp.'s services-oriented Succession softswitch. Features of the softswitch; Advantage of a services-oriented approach.
- Nortel Covers All Bets in Metro Optics Markets. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Nortel Networks' strategies to retain its leadership in the metropolitan optical networking market in North America. Development of a tunable laser incorporated into optical DWDM; Factors contributing to Nortel's success in the market; Redefinition of company's performance and economics.
- Nortel to further reduce work force. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p15
Details the restructuring plans of Toronto, Ontario-based Nortel Networks. Plans for plant divestitures; Decision to lay-off 3,500 employees; Transition from vertical integration to virtual integration.
- Nortel declares dividend. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p20
Announces Nortel Networks' declaration of its regular quarterly dividend payable June 30, 1999 to shareholders of record as of June 8.
- `You've got phone!'. QUINTON, BRIAN // Telephony;03/01/99, Vol. 236 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on an Internet call waiting (ICW) product of Nortel Networks. Information on Nortel's first ICW application; Remarks from Gary Schechtman, Nortel's senior manager for ICW business development; Benefits for the service provider.
- Nortel increases credit agreements. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p27
Reports that Nortel Networks Corp. can borrow funds from creditors following its regulatory filing on May 15, 2001, in which it increased its credit agreements.