Secrets and Strategy at Kroll
- HOW PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CAN IMPROVE THE APPRAISER'S PERFORMANCE. Tagliaferri, Louis E. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1978, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p37
Explains how the use of a work behavior-type performance-appraisal system can improve the effectiveness of managers who conduct performance appraisals. Alternative appraisal methods; Management practices variables; Increase in communication time during the performance interview on matters of...
- PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL: WHY BOTHER? Lefton, R.E.; Buzzotta, V.R. // Training & Development Journal;Aug78, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p49
Discusses factors to be considered in performance appraisal. Importance of performance appraisal to motivated employees; Costs associated with performance appraisal; Human resources planning.
- Analyzing Performance Problems. Nadler, Leonard // Training & Development Journal;Aug67, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p11
Describes a three-step approach to analyzing employee performance problems. Description of the behavior; Reasons for the behavior; Factors influencing the behavior of the employee.
- Giving employees meaningful, motivating feedback. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the techniques for employee appraisal preparation and delivery in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Evaluation of the job functions; Concentration on employee performance; Expression of concerns and clarification.
- The rating game. Mckimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on some of the issues that need to be addressed when conducting annual performance appraisals. Employee feedback needed; Timing for salary discussions; Legal issues.
- PERCEPTION OF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL BY EMPLOYEES AND SUPERVISORS: SELF-SERVING BIAS AND.... Steensma, Herman; Otto, Lisette // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;2000, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p307
Evaluates the perception of Performance Appraisal (PA) human resource management systems by employees and supervisors. Factors affecting employee satisfaction with PA sessions; Impact of supervisor conversational techniques on PA satisfaction; Demonstration of self-serving bias of supervisors.
- Can you answer their questions? Lindo, David K. // Supervision;Oct97, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p12
Discusses the need for supervisors to conduct regular performance appraisals of employees. Recommended time frame for performance appraisals; Benefits of regular performance appraisals for an organization; Key questions to consider when having performance appraisals.
- CHECKING IN. Niemela, Cynder; Ochalla, Bryan // Credit Union Management;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
Offers tips on performance evaluation in the workplace. Frequency of evaluations; Assistance that legal and human resources departments can extend; Role of employees in the evaluation.
- Fulfilling not grilling. Cork, Laura // Works Management;Feb2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p44
Focuses on performance appraisal of employees. Behind-the-scenes approach to appraisals; Performance management scheme; Problems with appraisal systems; Confidential assessments.