An Ageless Question from Kindergarten
- Workplace Flexibility and the Changing Nature of Work: An Introduction. Dastmalchian, Ali; Blyton, Paul // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Introduces several articles about workplace flexibility and the changing nature of work. Introduction of high performance work practices; Source of tension between flexibility and other human resource practices; Arguments concerning organizational flexibility.
- The undisputable advantages of an employee-friendly workplace. Dreyer, R.S. // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p19
Presents a conversation on the advantages of employee-friendly workplaces. Concerns on absences; Flex-time arrangements; Provision of care to employee dependents.
- Signs of the times. Galagan, Patricia; Wulf, Katie // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p32
Provides facts and figures about work, learning and careers to help uncover trends in the workplace as well as human resource development and management. Changing landscape; Virtual workplace; Careers; Training industry; Portents; Words of wisdom; Future prospects; Ironies; Measuring the...
- The Competitive Edge. // Aftermarket Business;Nov2003, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the advantage of asking employees about the kind of work environment they prefer in the U.S. Importance of hiring an outside firm to work on a confidential basis; Recognition of factors affecting the an employee's performance; Impact of the move on management-employee relations.
- Achieving Leadership Presence in a Post-Enron World. Ransom, Scott // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p56
Presents tips in achieving work leadership in the U.S. Recognition of personal mistakes; Maintenance of respect towards co-workers; Consideration on the complaints of co-workers.
- Tips for breaking down silos in the workplace. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/17/2011, p34
The article offers tips on how to break down silos in the workplace which include creating alignment among departments, focusing on consumers and encouraging teams from different areas to work together.
- Surviving a cranky workplace . Korte, Mills // Westchester County Business Journal;04/24/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p4
Details findings of several studies on workplace-related problems. Increase in workplace incivility when budgets are reduced and labor becomes more diverse; Commonly cited complaints encountered in the workplace; Tendency of victims of workplace unpleasantness to fight back against their...
- Help employees adapt to change. Mink // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;09/13/99, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p3
Discusses the strategies that would help employees adapt to changes in the working environment.
- Sounding out HR. Woolnough, Roisin // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p31
Examines the role of human resources personnel in dealing with deaf people in the workplace in Great Britain. Emphasis of the good workplace practice; Consideration of the policies and procedures; Maximization of the potential people in the field of business. INSET: Increasing prospects.