Go Ahead and Contradict Yourself
- Tapping your hidden potential-seven steps. Parachin, Victor M. // Supervision;Jun90, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p14
Presents seven steps in the development of one's personal potential. Includes dreaming dreams; Aim to move from dreaming to doing; Modification of negative reactions to one's dreams; Development of unconditional self-esteem; Drawing of past achievements as a way of freeing the creative process...
- Self-help that won't help. Siegel, Alexandra // Redbook;May96, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on guidance provided by self-help books which are considered ridiculous. Changing one's ponytail when one is depressed; Acceptance of body by considering the benefits of fat; Imitating one's pet; Stability.
- Reach out & take it. Deters, Tom // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb92, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p12
Opinion. Discusses the importance of having one's own conviction to try something new for improvement. Variety as one of the best ways to avoid burnout; Single most important factor for success; Nature of successful people.
- Help with the Dedes of the day. Murray, Iain // Marketing Week;10/9/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p154
Comments on a leaflet distributed by a personal effectiveness coach. Description of the job of a personal effectiveness coach; Comparison with a butler; Possible results of an explosion of the market for personal effectiveness coaching services.
- The real new year. Breathnach, Sarah Ban // Good Housekeeping;Sep98, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p68
Offers advice on how to turn over a personal new leaf during the month of September, which used to mark the beginning of the new year during ancient times. Rediscovery of one's authentic passions; Tendency of people to feel guilty when they divert their attention, time, and presence from their...
- 25 ways to renew your life. Gandy, Debrena Jackson // Essence (Essence);Sep98, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p109
Offers tips on how to achieve positive changes in one's life. Advance planning of out-of-town weekends; Recording of daily renewal efforts; Disposal of unnecessary things in home and office; Listening to motivational music while performing chores.
- Living and learning. // Inc.;Mar94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p44
Presents a humorous moment from the motion picture `Frankie and Johnny' when Al Pacino's character explains to Michelle Pfeiffer's character how he is out to improve himself. How to equate this with running your company; Mention of the book `the Paradox of Success: When Winning at Work Means...
- From our men on Mauritius. // South African Journal of Science;May98, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p214
Presents a fictitious conversation between two didacticians on the subject of Maslow's triangle of five human needs and how it applies to academics. Basic needs that are prepotent to achieving systematic satisfaction; Discussion of the path to self-actualization; Adverse health effects of the...
- SURPASS/TRANSCEND NORMALCY BY DEVELOPING A LIFESTYLE WORTHY OF AN EPIC EXISTENCE! // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);05/10/2001, p1
Advises people to do better than being normal. Premature aging of normal people; Identification and development of talents, commitments and passions; Search for ways to organize an exciting life; Self-managing lifestyle.