The Bell of Mindfulness
- You'll get the best people on board if your company stands out from the crowd. Moreton, Guy // Grocer;9/4/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7971, p55
The author offers suggestions on how a business could attract and retain the best employees to achieve long-term prosperity.
- Business leaders blind to benefits of human capital. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;2/5/2002, p11
Focuses on the ignorance business leaders concerning the impact of personnel management on the organizational performance. Unfamiliarity about the benefits of training and sharing information; Evidence on the association between business and people strategies; Attitude toward the function of...
- Look after your people--and they will look after your business. Gamon, Mark // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;May/Jun2001, Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the importance of personnel management in business success in Great Britain. Competitive advantage from superior performance; Emphasis on employee retention over recruitment; Impact of technology on working methods; Utilization of tools in the application of human principles to...
- Do or die: Will your agency survive? Griswold, Nelson // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;1/1/2012, p1
The article focuses on areas of agency transformation that will create the successful post-reform 21st century agency.
- Rethinking Management Strategies For The New Economy. // AirGuide Online.com;3/29/2010, p2
The article reports on the importance of considering new ways of thinking about employees and the marketplace in surviving the troubled economy.
- Question status quo, but take positive approach. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;May2000, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p54
Presents a guide aimed at helping managers to gain success. Importance of having positive attitudes; Enhancement of communications with employees; Improvement of memory skills.
- Monitor Worker Productivity. // Business Owner;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses the management of employee productivity as an essential activity that would lead to success.
- Poor customer service an epidemic. Wilson, Jerry // Tire Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the importance of customer service in the success of a business in the U.S. Inventory of workforce; Role of the manager to create a motivational environment; Retention of quality employees.
- Herbert Z. Wong, Ph.D. Wong, Herbert Z. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p76
The article discusses the author's sentiments on the future of diversity programs and initiatives in the U.S. He stresses that diversity leadership and management is necessary for effective outcomes in business, education and community. He mentions the core strategies for diversity leadership...