The Effect of Target-Selection Strategy on Phonological Learning
- Annotated bibliography for mini-series. // School Psychology Review;1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p442
Reviews the article `Reasons to Pursue the Study of Phonological Awareness,' by J. Morris, published in the `Reading and Writing: An Interdisciplinary Journal.'
- Multiple orthographic codes: Key to alternative instructional methodologies for developing the... Berninger, Virginia W. // School Psychology Review;1990, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p518
Examines orthographic codes and their relationship to phonological codes in reading acquisition. Conceptualization of orthographic skills; Procedure for measuring orthographic skills among beginning readers; Subtyping of visible language; Instructional intervention for disabled readers.
- Nonlinear phonology: Introduction and clinical application. Bernhardt, Barbara; Stoel-Gammon, Carol // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Feb94, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p123
Introduces nonlinear phonology, an advance in phonological theory. Background; Focus on the hierarchical nature of relationships among phonological units; Basic concepts and assumptions; Terminology; Phonological analysis in nonlinear phonological theories; Specification of segments; Analysis...
- Abstract phonological structure in language production: Evidence from Spanish. Costa, Albert; Sebastian-Galles, Nuria // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Jul98, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p886
Highlights a study in which four experiments were carried out to investigate if segmental and structural information are represented separately in phonological encoding in speech production. Outline of each experiment; Results from the first three experiments which indicate, that naming...
- Trial shows only varied practice. Meteyard, Lotte // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/15/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7874, p28
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Effectiveness of enhanced communication therapy in the first four months after stroke for aphasia and dysarthria: A randomised controlled trial," by Bowen and colleagues in the July 13, 2012 issue.
- Phonological awareness: instructional and assessment guidelines. Chard, David J.; Dickson, Shirley V. // Intervention in School & Clinic;May99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p261
Defines phonological awareness and discusses historic and contemporary research findings regarding its relation to early reading. Common misconceptions about phonological awareness; Guidelines for teaching phonological awareness and phonemic awareness to all children; Instructional design...
- Effective academic interventions in the United Kingdom: Does the `specific' in specific learning... Reason, Rea // School Psychology Review;1998, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p57
Discusses the determination of instructional methods regarding specific learning difficulties in the United Kingdom. Emphasis of article on phonology's role; Prevalence of phonological assessment materials in the United Kingdom; Role of phonological awareness in general teaching programs.
- Word Decoding and Picture Naming in Children With a Reading Disability. Assink, Egbert M.H.; Soeteman, Wietske P. // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;Aug99, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p251
ABSTRACT. Poor readers and reading age level matched controls performed a primed picture-naming task and a lexical decision task; their vocabulary performance was also assessed. Picture-naming data showed that poor readers were slower in the repeated prime condition only. This effect could not...
- Write Rhymes. Jones, Sherri // Jack & Jill;May/Jun2010, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p31
A quiz about a rhyming phrase is presented.