Effect of Body Mass Index on Bleeding Frequency and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time in Weight-Based Dosing of Unfractionated Heparin: A Retrospective Cohort Study
- Context Is Paramount in the Assessment of Meta-analytical Evidence: Reply. Zacharakis, Emmanouil; Kayani, Babar; Athanasiou, Thanos; Ashrafian, Hutan // World Journal of Surgery;Jul2013, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p1739
A response from the author of the article which discusses the classification for categorizing obese and non-obese patients based on the body mass index (BMI), is presented.
- GLP-1 therapy shows promise for severely obese adolescents. // Endocrine Today;Mar2013, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the findings of a 3-month trial that examined the effects of a glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist on body mass index (BMI) in severely obese adolescents.
- GLP-1 therapy shows promise for severely obese adolescents: PERECTIVE. Smith, Steven R. // Endocrine Today;Mar2013, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
The article presents the author's views on a 3-month trial that examined the effects of a glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist on body mass index (BMI) in severely obese adolescents.
- Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of BMI-Based Preoperative Administration of Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin in Morbidly Obese Patients Undergoing Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. Singh, Kuldeep; Podolsky, Erica; Um, Scott; Saba, Salim; Saeed, Irfan; Aggarwal, Lakshmi; Zaya, Melody; Castellanos, Andres // Obesity Surgery;Jan2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p47
Background: One of the most concerning and potentially fatal complications of gastric bypass surgery is pulmonary embolism (PE) with published rates exceeding 1%. Although this procedure has been proven effective in reducing the morbidity and mortality of obesity and associated health care...
- Emergency reversal of heparin overdose in a neurosurgical patient guided by thromboelastography. Figueiredo, S.; Vigué, B.; Benhamou, D.; Duranteau, J. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Aug2013, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p303
No abstract available.
- Obesity and early mortality in the united states. Greenberg, James A. // Obesity (19307381);Feb2013, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p405
Objective: Although obesity is a serious public health problem, there are few reliable measures of its health hazards in the United States. The objective of this study was to estimate how much earlier mortality is likely to occur for Americans who are obese (body mass index [BMI], â‰¥ 30)....
- Methane Breath and Obesity. // BioWorld Today;5/10/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 89, Special section p2
The article reports on the findings of research at Cedars-Sinai which showed that obese patients with methane on their breath have higher body mass index.
- National Survey Finds Link Between BMI and Asthma Severity. // Pulmonary Reviews;Feb2008, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p15
The article focuses on report concerning the link between body mass index (BMI) and asthma in the U.S. The report was published by the National Asthma Survey (NAS) in the January 2008 issue of "Thorax." It presented the results of a survey conducted by NAS on asthma remission among obese and...
- SSI better predicted by distribution of BMI in obese patients. // Infectious Disease News;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p17
The article discusses research being done on the distribution of body mass in obese patients.