Is Initiation of Atorvastatin for Employees a Good Buy for Employers?
- Rosuvastatin. // Reactions Weekly;8/14/2010, Issue 1314, p38
The article describes the case of a 65-year-old woman who developed thrombocytopenia after a year of rosuvastatin treatment.
- Simvastatin. // Reactions Weekly;8/14/2010, Issue 1314, p38
The article describes the case of a 69-year-old woman who developed vasculitis after taking simvastatin for treatment of hypercholesterolaemia.
- Simvastatin. // Reactions Weekly;1/22/2011, Issue 1335, p40
The article describes the case of a 45-year-old man admitted for cardiac arrest, who developed rhabdomyolysis following an increase in his simvastatin dosage and while undergoing therapeutic hypothermia.
- Statins provide no net benefit for low-risk patients. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2013, Issue 1477, p2
The article discusses the use of statins for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in individual with low risks, stating that statins are inefficient for this and only prevented one cardiovascular event per 140 low-risk people over 5 years.
- Statin Utilization Patterns for the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Events: A Retrospective Study in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus in Hong Kong. Lee, Vivian W. Y.; Ho, Ivan C. H.; Chan, Windy S. Y.; Kai Yin Tam; Lee, Kenneth K. C. // American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs;2008, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p199
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: In Hong Kong, about 10% of adults 25Â–74 years of age have diabetes mellitus. The management of dyslipidemia with lipid-lowering agents (LLAs), including HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins) for the primary prevention of cardiovascular complications, has been...
- Statin-Induced Leg Pain at Night. Ljubojević, Gordana; Tomić, Nataša // Scripta Medica;2011, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p109
The article presents the case of a 74-year-old man who had arterial hypertension and disordered glycoregulation for 20 years. It mentions the leg pain complained by the patient. It attributes the leg pain to simvastatin which the patient stopped taking. It cites the role of statins in...
- Rosuvastatin. // Reactions Weekly;3/13/2010, Issue 1292, p32
The article describes the case of a 57-year-old man who developed thrombocytopenic purpura while receiving treatment with rosuvastatin for hypercholesterolemia.
- Exposure to statins and risk of common cancers: a series of nested case-control studies. // BMC Cancer;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p409
The article presents a large population-based case-control study of patients with primary cancers diagnosed between 1998 and 2008 to analyze the association between statin use and risk of several site-specific cancers. It is given that the impact of statin is examined by estimating conditional...
- Independent Nurse: Clinical - Reviewing concordance - Case study. // GP: General Practitioner;9/4/2009, p35
The article presents a case study of a 48-year-old with hypertension who sought help for smoking cessation. The patient complained no abdominal or muscle discomfort or kidney dysfunction and was advised to undergo statin therapy to control his cholesterol levels. It mentions the role of the...