Cinar Corp. Ponders Sale, Releases Unaudited Financial Report
- TSE delists Cinar from register. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/4/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 43, p74
Reports the action of Toronto Stock Exchange to delist the Canadian producer Cinar Corp. Failure of Cinar to file audited financial statements. Suspension of Cinar's share by TSE; Emphasis on the allegations of tax fraud and improper investments of the company.
- Potential Cinar Suitor Steps Down, Directors Dicker Over Dowry. // Educational Marketer;11/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the cancellation of negotiations on the sale of the entertainment division of Cinar Corp. in Canada to a British children's programming company.
- New Cinar Directors to Push Sale. // Educational Marketer;5/6/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the possible impact of the coup at the shareholders meeting of supplementary education materials publisher and entertainment company Cinar on the sale of the financially troubled company.
- Cinar Agrees to Sell to Investment Group, Which Plans Investment in Education Division. // Educational Marketer;11/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the sale of Cinar Corp. to an investment group in Montreal, Quebec. Completion date of the transaction; Terms of the agreement; Head of the investment group buying the company.
- Cinar wants debt repaid. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;7/16/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the petition of embattled Canadian television producer Cinar to the Supreme Court of the Bahamas to dissolve Glove-X Canadian and Globe-X Management, two Bahamas-based companies that owe the firm 44 million dollars.
- Cinar's sale closes: animator set for MIP. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;3/16/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 57, p7
Reports on Montreal, Quebec-based animator Cinar Corp.'s sale to a group of investors led by Nelvana executives Michael Hirsh and Toper Taylor, TD Capital Canadian Private Equity Partners and the merchant banking group of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System. Financial problems of...
- Cinar stox get shock after audit warning. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;02/24/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 59, p9
Focuses on Cinar, a Montreal, Quebec-based children's television producer and distributor. Indication that its share price fell because of an internal audit into allegations of tax-credit abuse; Investigation of the tax fraud by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Quebec Provincial Police.
- Prospective Cinar Buyer Sees Growth Through Acquisitions. // Electronic Education Report;11/21/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on the pending sale of education and entertainment company Cinar Corp. in the U.S. Merger of Cinar with HighReach Learning; Terms of the agreement; Voting shares of Cinar.
- EXEC SHAKEUP AT CINAR. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;1/23/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the resignation of Stuart Snyder as chief executive officer of Cinar Corp. following the completion of the sale of the company to Michael Hirsh and Toper Taylor in Montreal, Quebec. Tenure of Snyder in the company; Citations of the replacement for Snyder; Information of the business...