McGraw-Hill Higher Education, Pearson Education Partner With NetLibrary To Distribute E-Textbooks
- MetaText: Building A New Kind Of Textbook. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;7/2/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the goal of MetaText in providing electronic-textbooks in Boulder, Colorado. Suggestions on publishers to create texts based on core print text; Advantage of MetaText in providing online course management solutions and ancillary material; Acquisition of MetaText by NetLibrary, online...
- College Textbooks, Study Guides Go Digital. // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on the development of an electronic version of John Wiley & Sons college textbooks by MetaText, the digital textbook division of netLibrary. Availability of 15 titles on the Web; Purchasing through the MetaText Web-based platform; Necessity of download or plug-in requirements.
- NETLIBRARY AND THOMSON LEARNING FORM TEXTBOOK INITIATIVE. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;Jan2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p3
Announces the plans of MetaText, netLibrary's digital textbook division, to develop and manage electronic versions of college books for Thomson Learning. List of MetaText editions from Thomson Learning's South-Western and Wadsworth Group; Features of the MetaText electronic textbook editions.
- XanEdu Adds Electronic Textbook Capability. // Educational Marketer;8/19/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p5
Reports completion of the acquisition of MetaText by XanEdu in the U.S. Disclosure of the sale price of the transaction; Production of straight electronic text to custom publishing and serving; Use of MetaText to recreate some print books on electronic form.
- MetaText Acquisition Rounds Out XanEdu's Digital Course Materials. // T H E Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the impact of acquisition of MetaText Co. by XanEdu Co. on the educational services provided by XanEdu. Digital content products that XanEdu plans to deliver in the year 2003; Significance of the acquisition to educators; Utility of tools offered by the company's MetaText platform.
- XanEdu Buys MetaText from OCLC. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Oct2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p24
Reports that XanEdu, a division of ProQuest Information and Learning, has purchased MetaText, a provider of digital textbooks, from OCLC. Implications of the acquisition, which will allow XanEdu to combine its curriculum products and tools for the higher education market with MetaText's...
- Seeking communications reference book and intercom circuit. // EDN;8/15/96 Supplement Literature Link, Vol. 41 Issue 17, pLL8
Responds to two inquiries on the availability of reference books related to electronics. Communication technology basics; Intercom circuit.
- Would you curl up with an electronic book? Cline, Craig // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug98, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p32
Opinion. Comments on the use of the electronic books, `Rocketbook,' and `Softbook.' Identity of the manufacturers of these electronic books; Contents of these books; How electronic books inspired technological innovations in the 1990s.
- B&N closes e-book store. Carter, Alison // Printing World;9/18/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the closure of the electronic book store of Barnes and Nobles in the U.S. Volatility of the economy; Decline of customer demand for e-books; Decrease of revenue.