GM details emissions changes
- NOISE BLITZ. // Australian Motorcycle News;4/28/2010, Vol. 59 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on a two-week campaign launched by the Victorian Police and the Environmental Protection Agency against loud vehicle exhaust pipes in Melbourne in April 2010.
- Six in a row is enough. Lassa, Todd // AutoWeek;08/21/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 35, p9
Introduces the Vortec 4200 inline six engine developed by General Motors Corp. Engine features; Integration of the engine into the 2002 midsize sport utility vehicles of General Motors; Inclusion of variable exhaust valve timing, electronic throttle control and coil-at-plug ignition.
- Design and Development of a cyclonic device for Diesel Engine. SYEDA NOORI BANU, P. // International Journal of Engineering Science & Technology;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p3283
Air pollution due to vehicular exhausts generate pollutants such as carbon dioxide, unburned hydrocarbons(UHC), oxide of nitrogen and lead and other particulate emissions. The level of pollutants prevalent in the atmosphere today is detrimental to the health of human population particularly...
- Exhaust mods to boost noise. // Autosport;4/24/2014, Vol. 216 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on the planned changes to the exhaust systems of Formula 1 cars that aim to improve engine noise in 2014.
- Exhaust Noise. DONNON, MARTIN // Motor;Mar2014, p104
The article offers information on the advantages and disadvantages of having bang-enabled exhaust in a vehicle which creates fizzing, barking and crackling sounds. It is reported that, having such an exhaust can reduce the performance of a vehicle by interrupting power delivery to the engines as...
- Show time Chevrolet Kodiak takes center stage. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Feb2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that General Motors Corp. has released its Chevrolet Kodiak C4500 truck at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. The new truck is powered by the company's Duramax 6600 V8 turbodiesel. Kodiak has an electronic exhaust brake and UltraRide chassis air...
- MONARO IN THE USA. Walker, Howard // Motor;Jan2004, p64
This article presents information on Pontiac's GTO. Pontiac made a reported 150 component changes to the Monaro, to ensure the car lived up to the fabled GTO moniker. Most of the effort went into bumping up the power, sharpening the launch feel and revamping the tailpipe. General Motors Corp's...
- Edstart. Bulmer, Ged // Wheels;Jan2010, p11
The article presents the author's comments on the sound made by AMG's V8 engines. The distinctive V8 soundtrack was legislated out of existence not too many years ago by the introduction of drive-by noise regulations, says the author. Spurred on to look for a solution that ensured the survival...
- DG vintage pipes. // Dirt Bike;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p88
Presents the 1974 Husqvarna 250 Mag pipes. Features; Differences from the original model; Suggested retail prices.