Dorsey celebrates second anniversary of renewed production
- Pitts Enterprises acquires Dorsey Trailer. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2007, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Dorsey Trailer's assets by Pitts Enterprises on June 14, 2007. The assets of Dorsey Trailer includes its plant in Elba, Alaska. With the acquisition of Dorsey Trailer, the company now owns and operates three trailer divisions, namely Pitts Trailers,...
- Celebrating something special. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p58
The article celebrates the anniversaries of trailer manufacturers Pitts Enterprises, based in Pittsview, Alabama and Dorsey Trailer based in Elba, Alabama, which has been acquired by Pitts in 2007. The company background of Pitts Enterprises, started by trucking company owner Andrew Pitts in...
- Dorsey Trailer adds combo flatbeds to its specialty trailer line. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/1/2013, p1
The article focuses on the introduction of two drop-deck trailer models by Dorsey Trailers Inc., one of which is made of steel, while the other of aluminum and steel combination. It informs that the company will manufacture its new drop-deck trailers in an area of the manufacturing plant where...
- Celebrating 100 and 35 years. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p62
Photographs of Dorsey Trailer and Pitts Enterprises facilities and employees in celebration of their 100th and 35th anniversaries, respectively, are presented.
- Dorsey Trailer expansion creates jobs. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;4/20/2015, p7
The article reports on the announcement by Dorsey Trailer of its expansion plan for its plant in Elba, Alabama, which is expected to create 50 new jobs and increase its flatbed production capacity.
- Strengthening the niche. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses the new direction of American truck trailers manufacturer Dorsey Trailers, and its current owner Jeff Pitts. Focus is placed on Pitts' decision to develop the platform trailer and van trailer sectors of the business. Other topics include the design and construction of new...
- Volvo still wants to be truck No. 1. Wright, Chris // Automotive News Europe;12/3/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p38
Reports that Volvo Global Trucks is interested in acquiring Nissan Diesel in its bid to replace DaimlerChrysler as the world's leading heavy truck maker. Truck manufacturers that were acquired by Volvo in early 2001; Discussion on the expected savings of the synergies between the Swedish,...
- BUSINESS NEWS. // Automotive Engineer;Jan2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
Reports business developments in Europe as of January 2000. Acquisition of the automobile operations of Mannesmann Rexroth by Siemens Automobile; Work on the transmission manufacturing project of the Toyota Motor Corp.; Closure of production facilities of Ford Motor Co.
- Mova to sell its Caguas plant. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;11/23/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p2
Reports the sale of an industrial plant owned by Mova Pharmaceutical Corp. to Pharmacia in Caguas, Puerto Rico. Plans of Pharmacia to use the facility as warehouse for Searle Ltd. Corp.; Price estimate of the acquisition deal; Acquisition of Manati facility from Hoesct Marion Rousel by Mova;...