On Roll, Albuquerque Health Care System Nears Major Sale
- N.M. plan looks hard at Medicare risk. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;03/13/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the Presbyterian Health Plan's Medicare risk business as of March 2000. Increase of the overall medical expenses in 1999; How the situation affects the medicare enrollees of health maintenance organizations.
- Native son rises. Shinkman, Rob // Modern Healthcare;01/03/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p38
Features James H. Hinton, president and chief executive officer of Presbyterian Healthcare Services in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Number of Presbyterian's employees; Details on Hinton's relationship with his staff; Educational and career background.
- It takes 'team effort' to get the most out of reform, says Hinton. Manning, Clinton // AHA News;5/16/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p5
The article highlights the views of James H. Hinton, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Albuquerque, New Mexico-based Presbyterian Healthcare Services and member of the American Hospital Association (AHA) board, about the key role of innovation in successful health care reform.
- Pharmacist-led IV-to-oral antibiotic switch program key to project success. // Formulary;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p775
Reports on a study which described and compared the results and management approach taken by the Presbyterian Healthcare System (PHS) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to its intravenous-to-oral antibiotic switch program with the practices of seven other healthcare systems. INSETS: ORAL ANTIBIOTICS...
- Against the tide. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;06/02/97, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p2
States that Presbyterian Healthcare Services is purchasing PacifiCare Health Systems. Increase in selling out of health maintenance organization plans for the month of June 1997; Details on Presbyterian's purchase; Comments from Alan Hoops, president and chief executive of PacifiCare.
- LETTERS. Hinton, James H.; Ulibarri, Marcia C. // New Mexico Business Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p48
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of the "New Mexico Business Journal." Information on the operations of Presbyterian Healthcare Services in New Mexico; Errors made regarding a published article on the State Bar of the state.
- Presbyterian Chosen as One of 'America's Best Health Plans.'. // New Mexico Business Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the selection of Presbyterian Health Plan in the list of America's Best Health Plan in 2006. Ranking of the health plan in health insurance products including commercial, Medicaid and Medicare; Factors that were evaluated on the health plan including clinical performance and member...
- Around New Mexico. // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p5
The article presents news briefs related to New Mexico. Presbyterian Healthcare Services announced that it has purchased acres of land in Rio Rancho for home of a full-service acute care hospital. New Mexico State Parks announced the availability of federal funds for eligible entities to develop...
- Conterra to Supply Broadband Connections to N.M. Network. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);8/15/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p8A
The article reports that national broadband services company Conterra Ultra Broadband LLC was awarded with a multiyear contract to supply high speed wide area network services to not-for-profit healthcare system Presbyterian Healthcare Services in Albuquerque, New Mexico.