Bush Estate Tax Cut Could Cost States $100 Billion in Lost Revenue
- The cost of democracy. // Commonweal;07/14/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p5
Analyzes the bill passed by Republican-controlled House of Representatives that would eliminate the estate or inheritance tax in the United States. Support from Democrats; Arguments from people not in favor of the bill; Concept of estate tax.
- Estate Tax Cuts Both Ways. Pullen, Rick // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep99, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p12
Discusses the proposed repeal of the estate tax bill in the United States (US). Disadvantage of the proposal for the life insurers; Action of US President Bill Clinton towards the bill; Comment from Maria Berthoud of the Independent Insurance Agents of America.
- Life, death and unnecessary estate taxes. Lenkowsky, Leslie // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/26/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p17
Comments on the status of estate taxes in the United States. Reaction from rich people on the plans to eliminate estate taxes; Arguments on the retention of estate taxes; Impact of estate taxes on the US economy.
- Estate Tax Relief Or Political Illusions? Glassman, Peter // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/3/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p28
Comments on the elimination of estate taxes for political gains in the United States. Results of The Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001; Possible negative implications of the estate tax planning approach.
- Death and Taxes. Shuster, William George // JCK;Jul2001, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p94
Reports on the United States Congress' approval of the elimination of federal estate tax. Gradual phase-out of the federal estate tax; Comments of Nathan Olsen, legislative counsel with Haaken Associates, on benefits of the estate tax phase-out on the jewelry industry; Increase in the...
- Tax tip: Dont die. Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Aug99, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the plan of the United States (US) Congress to pass a bill removing the federal estate tax. Views of US President Bill Clinton on the tax cutting bill; Implications on trucking companies; Stocks of trucking companies; Issue on estate taxes.
- The Death Tax Lives! Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;06/18/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the law that abolishes federal estate tax or Death Tax in the United States. Information on the changes in Death tax; Aim of the law.
- Death to the Death Tax? Not Just Yet. Dettmer, Jamie; Hayes, Ted // Insight on the News;04/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the legislation approved by the United States House of Representatives which aims to repeal the federal estate tax. Public opinion on death tax.
- Tax relief for estates. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses rules governing estate taxes in the U.S. that will prevail in 2011 and 2012. The exemption on estates left to parties other than a charity or a spouse has risen to $5 million, while the tax rate has declined to 35%. Under circumstances describes, the unused portion of an...