IRS Ruling Troubles Nonprofit
- Minnesota Foundation to Borrow $10M for Hospital Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p34
Reports that the Charles K. Blandin Foundation in Minnesota has entered the tax-exempt market. Finance for the replacement of the Grand Itasca Clinic Hospital; Issuer of Blandin Foundation; Underwriter.
- IRS Action Hits College Bond Market. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p1
Focuses on a United States Internal Revenue Service's investigation into the legitimacy of a 501(c)(3) organization's tax-exempt status. Impact on the market for tax-exempt college housing bonds; Examination of Alabama-based Collegiate Housing Foundation; Continued sale of tax-exempt debt for...
- IRS to Issue Long-Awaited Compliance Checks on Exempt Bonds. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q2, p1
The article announces the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to start compliance checks on tax-exempt bonds issued for exempt organizations. The compliance check reviews, which are detailed questionnaires, will be sent out and examined by the Compliance Area Office of the Exempt...
- Senate Panel Mulls Minimum Level of Charity Care for Tax-Exempt Hospitals. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;5/19/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33117, p5
The article reports on the proposal of the Senate Financial Committee of the U.S. Congress which requires nonprofit hospitals to provide a minimum level of charitable patient care to retain their tax-exempt status. The tax-exempt status of the nonprofit hospitals that will fail to meet the...
- CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p77
A list of the top charitable organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of paid employees is presented, including Opportunity Village, Goodwill of Southern Nevada, and Nevada Cancer Institute.
- Charitable Organizations. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/1/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p15
A chart is presented that lists the largest charitable organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada as of November 2006.
- Business funding. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p93
Reports the expansion of Technology New Zealand as a dollar fund aimed at helping businesses in developing technology. Involvement of funding programs; Inquiries from several business organizations; Advantage of the program; Role of the Foundation for Research, Science and Technology.
- Foundation provides emergency assistance to Alzheimer's families. // Aging;1992, Issue 363/364, p3
Reports that Alzheimer's patients and their family caregivers can receive grants of up to $500 for emergency expenses through a family relief program funded by the American Health Assistance Foundation. The grants are awarded to applicants who have depleted other means of paying for care and...
- A scientific success story. White, Robert // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p42
Reports that the Science Alberta Foundation (SAF), which has helped hundreds of thousands of Albertans learn more about specialties vital to an evolving provincial economy, may disappear unless it can come up with $3 million dollars by the end of March. Need for the educational foundation; When...