Though Customers Largely Unseen, Parable Shows Faith In Ebooks
- Christian Retailers Challenge Amazon, B&N.com For Internet Book Sales. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p1
Reports on electronic commerce initiatives launched by Christian retailers in the United States to capture a larger share of the Internet bookselling market. Launch of Parable Christian Stores' Private Label Sites Program; Rise in sales of iBelieve.com, the Internet spin-off of Family Christian...
- Seeking communications reference book and intercom circuit. // EDN;8/15/96 Supplement Literature Link, Vol. 41 Issue 17, pLL8
Responds to two inquiries on the availability of reference books related to electronics. Communication technology basics; Intercom circuit.
- Would you curl up with an electronic book? Cline, Craig // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug98, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p32
Opinion. Comments on the use of the electronic books, `Rocketbook,' and `Softbook.' Identity of the manufacturers of these electronic books; Contents of these books; How electronic books inspired technological innovations in the 1990s.
- B&N closes e-book store. Carter, Alison // Printing World;9/18/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the closure of the electronic book store of Barnes and Nobles in the U.S. Volatility of the economy; Decline of customer demand for e-books; Decrease of revenue.
- Checking out Internet books for educators. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Tech & Learning;Feb96, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p18
Presents guidelines for the evaluation of books available online. Examination of the content; Consideration of the relevance and accuracy of the Internet address; Use of book reviews and testimonials from trusted colleagues; Referral to Internet-based discussion groups and Usenet newsgroups;...
- New literature. // Electronics Now;Sep97, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p22
Presents various books for computers and electronics application. `Web Psychos, Stalkers, and Pranksters: How to Protect Yourself in Cyberspace'; `Improvised Technology in Counter-Intelligence Applications'; `Build Your Own Intelligent Amateur Radio Transceiver; Interconnection Solutions...
- Electronic books: Promoting mastery of basic language skills. Penso, Rebecca // Media & Methods;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p72
Presents information on electronic books, while highlighting the advantages which such material affords young readers. Description of an electronic book; How young people can use electronic books with minimal teacher direction; Examples of several good electronic books. INSET: Great electonic...
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Bookselling. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p337
Summarizes an article about electronic books taken from the February/March 1997 issue of `Database' entitled `All About Books--Online,' by Thomas Pack.
- EDN literature. // EDN;03/02/98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p168
Presents information on literature relating to electronic technology industry. Brochure on access-network problems by Wandle and Goltermann GmbH and Company; Details on the Evita VHDL tutorial free literature on the Web site by Aldec Incorporated; Catalogue of data-conversion products by ILC...