- Avalon's Sales Expected To Hit $25 Million Mark In 2000, Executives Say. // Book Publishing Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
Looks at the expectations of New York-based publishing house Avalon Publishing Group of expected increase in sales in 2000. Plans to build on its newly acquired units; Aim to consolidate all its businesses.
- Fewer clients bring more sales for PGW. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 14, p17
Focuses on the changing dynamic of Publishers Group West (PGW) and how these changes have affected the company. Loss of two important clients in Peachpit and The Waite Group and how sales increased despite losing them; Cutting of PGWs client list in 1995; Funding concept in Avalon Publishing...
- people. Tennenhouse, Mary Ann; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 22, p14
Presents an update on several executives of different publishing companies in the U.S., as of June 2003. Watson Guptill; Avalon Publishing Group; Scribner; Aperture Foundation Inc.
- Avalon Publishing First-Quarter Sales Up 30%. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p18
Reports on the sales posted by the Avalon Publishing Group for the first quarter of 2003. Sales increase for its New York-based division; Factor to which the sales gain is attributed; Sales expectations for the rest of the year.
- Reich Named President of Avalon Publishing Group. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Susan Reich, executive vice president and chief operating officer (COO) of Avalon Publishing Group, has been promoted to president and remains COO. Two publishing arms of Avalon; Avalon's approach in acquiring companies; Partnership of Avalon publisher Carroll & Graf with...
- Avalon Publishing Consolidates--and Expands. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p14
Reports that the New York trade division of Avalon Publishing, a subsidiary of Publishers Group Inc., will be taking up residence in offices on Williams Street in lower Manhattan, New York City. Number of titles published by the trade division annually; Titles of books which are expected to be...
- Avalon's Ortenberg Resigns. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the resignation of Avalon Publishing Group's executive vice president Neil Ortenberg. Statement from Avalon's director of publicity Karen Auerback on the resignation; Professional background of Ortenberg.
- Avalon New York Gains Independence, Profits. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p22
Focuses on Avalon Publishing Group New York. Units under the Avalon Publishing Group New York; Revenues in 2002; Books that contributed to Avalon's profit.
- Shoemaker Lands at Avalon. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 50, p10
Reports the recruitment of Jack Shoemaker by Avalon Publishing in December 2002. Career background of Shoemaker; Other executive appointments at Avalon; Investors in Shoemaker & Hoard; Operations of Avalon.