- Reader's Digest Books Planned a Revolution. And Then There Was Anthrax. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the reorganization of Reader's Digest Inc.'s book publishing business in the United States. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and the anthrax scare on the reorganization effort; Company revenues for the second quarter ended December 31, 2001; Division of the...
- Readers Digest's Book Biz Ends Long, Troubled Year On Hopeful Note- But Struggle Not Over Yet. // Book Publishing Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p2
Reports the improvement of the book business of Readers Digest Association Inc. in the U.S. Restructure of the book business; Closing price of the stock price of Readers Digest; Operating loss of the unit.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p4
Reports developments related to book sales in the U.S. as of May 2002. Growth of sales at Barnes & Noble superstores; Presentation of a chart depicting the rankings of literary agent agencies; Factors influencing sales depression for Thams Nelson Inc.
- DATAMONITOR: Barnes & Noble, Inc. // Barnes & Noble, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Feb2012, p1
A company profile of Barnes & Noble Inc., which is one of the largest booksellers in the U.S., is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes strengths,...
- Joining forces: Unlikely bedfellows and shotgun marriages. Arnold, Stephen E.; Arnold, Erik S. // Searcher;Feb98, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
Reports about the strategic relationship of `The New York Times' and the book company Barnes and Noble aimed at marketing books online. Reactions of small bookstore owners on the partnership; Reasons why Barnes and Noble approve the partnership; Information about the marketing of books online;...
- Chain Bookstores: Second Annual Holiday Sales Slump Foretells Year-End Declines. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the decline of the second annual holiday sales among chain bookstores in the U.S. in 2009. Barnes & Noble Inc. posted a decrease in sales by 5% to 1.1 billion dollars with comparable sales decrease at 5.4%. Similarly, Books-A-Million sees decline in sales with holiday...
- Bookstore Buyers Rose Slightly Over Summer. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the condition of bookstore buyers in the U.S. It notes that for the past four seasons, bookstores remained the most popular channel by which a consumer buys a book. An insight from Barnes and Noble Inc. chief executive officer (CEO) William Lynch on the possible profit of...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;03/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p7
Presents news on the finances of United States book publishers and sellers, reported as of March 2001. Borders Group; Barnes & Noble; Waldenbooks; Borders.com; Babbage.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p6
Reports the financial performance of the leading book chains in the U.S. Increase of sales on books in Barnes & Noble Inc.; Comparison of net sales of Books-A-Million with its sales performance from previous year; Decline of revenue and income of Millbrook Press.