- Revamping the Subscription Agent Relationship. Harvey, Mary // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p63
Focuses on the subscription agent business in the United States. Downfall of stampsheet giants American Family Publishers and Publishers Clearing House; Setting up of strategic partnerships via multichannel marketing; Investigation of subscription telemarketing practices.
- New Year Will Bring The Battle Of The Online Academic Book Services. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p2
Focuses on the plans of rival online research companies Questia and Ebrary to sell services directly to students and promising to boost revenues for academic publishers. Launch of susbcription-based service by Questia; Offer of texts of scholarly books online for free by Ebrary; Ways to...
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p16
Presents updates on business deals between book agents, authors, and publishers in the United States as of April 2000. Interest expressed by Random senior editor Jonathan Karp for the book `The Dante Club,' by Matthew Pearl; Copublishing agreement between Warner Books and Cashflow Technologies;...
- The AHA and the RoweCom Subscriptions Crisis. Jones, Arnita A. // Perspectives;May2003, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p7
Discusses the plight of publishers in the issue concerning the RoweCom bankruptcy case. Failure of the company to meet contractual obligations to provide journal subscriptions to libraries; Impossibility of having subscribers pay for RoweCom's duty; Decision by publishers to supply the...
- Excerpts from the CircTrack 2004 Report. // Circulation Management;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p14
The article focuses on the main findings of the annual CircTrack report, which attempts to verify and expand the results of a yearly circulation survey. The recently released CircTrack 2004 report includes data on the industry's 2003 pricing on consumer magazines. According to the report, over...
- The Newsstand Is Not Dead. // Circulation Management;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on newsstand sales performance of magazines and periodicals in the United States. Unit sales of titles audited by ABC and BPA declined only 0.5% and dollar sales rose at the vigorous rate of 4.3%, which is welcome news for the magazine industry. Monthly magazines are vital to...
- SCIENCE MADE EASY. Konigsberg, Eric // New Republic;3/13/95, Vol. 212 Issue 11, p16
Profiles John Brockman, a self-employed agent of popular science books in the U.S. Amount of advanced payment secured by Brockman for the rights of the book series "The Science Masters"; Other books that have been sold by Brockman to several publishers in the U.S.; Incidents which illustrate...
- Book Showing 'How Every Child Can Succeed' A Success For Agent Lane Zachary. Anderson, Kori // Book Publishing Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p3
Reports the publication of several books by publishing agents in the U.S. Market performance the book 'A Mind at a Time: America's Top Learning Expert Shows How Every Child Can Succeed,' by Mel Levine' Career history of agent Lane Zachary; Partnership between Zachary and Levine.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p3
Presents the names of the agents in the New York Times bestseller scorecard. Amy Berkower; Robert Gottlieb; Virginia Barber.