GoReader, Douglas Stewart Co. To Distribute E-Textbooks On Campus
- No More Pencils, No More Books. // BizEd;Nov/Dec2001, p54
Introduces the handheld electronic book device from GoReader in Chicago, Illinois. Features of the product; Installation of Windows software; Conversion of textbooks into electronic format.
- E-text Publishers Start to understand Their Markets. McKenzie, Matt // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/30/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the status of electronic-textbook market. Partnership of GoReader with several publishers for development of digital textbooks; Bankruptcy protection and sale of assets by NetLibrary including Metatext; Concentration on online delivery of textbooks by Rovia. INSET: University of...
- goReader Launches E-Book Device into Educational Markets. Roncevic, Mirela // Library Journal;Fall2001 Net Connect, Vol. 126 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the release of a portable electronic-book (e-book) reading device by goReader, Inc., an e-book company. Description of the device; Reasons that students and universities would use the product; Role of school libraries.
- Apple prods offered direct to high ed. // T H E Journal;Jan96, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p20
Looks at joint venture for the provision of Apple products to higher education students by Apple Computer and The Douglas Stewart Company. Details of venture; Information on products; Brief history on Douglas Stewart Company; Contact number.
- Firm to Distribute Autodesk Products. // T H E Journal;Nov96, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the distribution by Douglas Stewart Co. of academic editions of Autodesk's design and visualization software to college stores and academic resellers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Overview of the software products included.
- Quark wins education and print contracts. Heap, Rich // Printing World;8/18/2005, Vol. 291 Issue 7, p24
Reports that digital printer Quark Inc. has won contracts with U.S. educational supplies provider Douglas Stewart EDU and international printer Quebecor World Inc. Terms of the deal with Douglas Stewart; Remarks from Quark marketing manager Gavin Drake about the contracts; Implication of the...
- goReader Partners with Addison Wesley, West Group. // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p33
Focuses on partnerships of the electronic book company goReader Inc. Deal with Addison Wesley to provide electronic textbooks to college and university students; Launch of electronic textbook pilot programs at two law schools in partnership with West Group.