Facts & Figures About Today's Aerospace Force
- AVIANO'S RENAISSANCE. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p24
Features the Aviano 2000 military base of the United States Air Force in Italy. Details on the construction of the military base; Origin of the construction project; Information on the contingency and housing upgrades of the project; Benefits of the project.
- The Sands of Time. Hayward, George // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the personnel assigned at the Ahmed Al Jaber Air Base in Kuwait. Reasons for the one-year remote assignments; Comments from Colonel Paul Shafer, Commander of Al Jaber's 332nd Air Expeditionary Group; Significance of keeping a positive attitude on the job.
- Terrorism Makes Base Protection Critical. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/18/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 25, p196
Highlights how terrorism in many parts of the world has made military base protection critical to the United States Air Force. Danger of terrorism to U.S. citizens overseas; Tactical defense of the perimeters of U.S. bases; Technologies used to protect air bases.
- Small Island Has a BIG ROLE. Cacas, Max // Signal;Oct2011, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p33
The article features the island of Guam, an unincorporated territory of the U.S. in the Pacific that provides the U.S. military a forward base in Eastern Asia and Western Pacific regions. Both the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and the U.S. Navy (USN) have bases on the island that are part of the Joint...
- USAF Announces Candidate Locations For Two New Organizations. // Defense Daily;1/22/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the possible locations for two new U.S. Air Force organizations, the Air Force Global Strike Command and the 24th Air Force, as announced by Air Force officials. It mentions that the optional bases for Global Strike Command include Barksdale AFB, Louisiana and F.E. Warren...
- Changes make Soto Cano more permanent. Arana-Barradas, Louis A.; Schafer, Megan // Airman;Summer2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p42
The article features the Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras. Airmen are deployed to the air force base for 120 days and meet their Air and Space Expeditionary Force obligations. Troops in the base live in wooden "hooches". According to Army Colonel Rick Bassett the changes in the base underscore the...
- Military Prepositioning: Army and Air Force Programs Need to Be Reassessed: NSIAD-99-6. // GAO Reports;11/16/1998, p1
The U.S. military stores, or prepositions, reserves of military equipment near possible war zones to help ensure that the items will be quickly available to U.S. troops in the event of a crisis. The Army and the Air Force have poorly defined, outdated, or otherwise questionable requirements in...
- Major Air Force bases overseas. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
Identifies the location of the major United States Air Force bases (AFB) overseas. Includes the Howard AFB in Panama; Incirlik Air Base (AB) in Turkey; Kadena AB in Japan; Andersen AFB in Guam.
- The `Blast' in Belgrade. Barela, Tim // Airman;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the 31st Air Expedition Wing of the United States Air Force and on its munition storage area at Aviano Air Base, Italy. Involvement on the 78 days of intense bombing from March 24 to June 9, 1999 against Yugoslavia; Challenges they faced during the bombings; Types of bombs built by...