Aerospace Power: the Future
- Air power: `Growing beyond Desert Storm.' Horner, Charles A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p70
Presents the thoughts of retired US Air Force General Charles A. Horner on the 50th anniversary of the Air Force. His thoughts on air power and the role of the Air Force.
- The problem with our air power doctrine. Meilinger, Phillip S. // Airpower Journal;Spring92, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p24
Discusses issues related to the creation of an air power doctrine in the United States. Changes affecting the role of the US Air Force; Origins of the problems concerning the role of the US Air Force; History of the air power doctrine in the United States; Role of the Strategic Air Command.
- New Procedures Improve Personnel Accountability. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2006, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the new procedures adapted by the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command for keeping track of its military people and their families. Under the new procedures, commanders use a two-phase approach to account for their people which include the pre-event and post-event. People...
- KOREAN CALM. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/1/2008, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p46
The article focuses on the challenges faced by the U.S. Air Force in the transformation of its air warfare strategies in South Korea. Technical and operational initiatives span the disciplines of command and control and air warfare. This includes converting the U.S. A-10 fleet from A- to...
- Reunions. // Air Power History;Spring2006, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p63
The article presents several reunions of the U.S. Air Force. The 556thh and 6091st Reconnaissance Squadrons will hold a reunion on April 18-21, 2006 at Las Vegas, Nevada. The U.S. Air Force Pilot Training Class 55B will hold a reunion on April 27-29, 2006 in South Dayton, Ohio. The 394th Bomb...
- THE STRATEGIC STRIKING FORCE. Pancake, Frank R. // Air & Space Power Journal;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p78
The article presents a reprint of the article "The Strategic Striking Force," by Frank R. Pancake, which appeared in the 1948 issue of "Air University Quarterly Review." It discusses the fundamental requirements for the operations of the strategic air force to be successful such as a superior...
- Air & space superiority. Nolan, Master Sgt. Dave // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
Discusses the concept of air and space superiority, as practiced by the United States Air Force. Demonstration in the patrol of no-fly zones over Iraq and Bosnia; Benefit to joint forces; Importance in strategic attack and interdiction; Application in Desert Storm; Outlook for the Air Force's...
- Agile combat support. Deffner, Hans // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the combat support for the United States Air Force. People behind the Air Force's efficient operation; Competency of support for the Air Force.
- Air power as a second front. Gunzinger, Mark A. // Airpower Journal;Fall95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p63
Advises war campaign planners to carefully consider using airpower, supported by land and sea operations, as a primary front to directly achieve theater objectives. First battle of Britain in World War I; Airpower as a second front in Europe and the Pacific during World War II; Korean conflict;...