- Employment & training. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1992, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the employment prospects of college graduates in Australia in 1992, as presented in the September 28 and 29, 1992 issues of `Telegraph Mirror.' National Institute of Labour Studies' findings on unemployed graduates; Need for graduates' skills improvement.
- NO GUARANTEES. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p70
Offers advice to a 2001 graduate from North Carolina who is unable to find a job in her major. Best approach to finding a job; Suggestion regarding her decision to go back to school; Rise in overall unemployment in Alaska in July 2002.
- IT News and Products. // Database & Network Journal;Oct2016, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p23
The article offers information technology (IT) news briefs in Great Britain. Topics include the effects of the launch of Apple Inc.'s iOS 10 on the enterprise network traffic volumes. The sharp decline in the number of IT graduates entering the workforce. Neo Technology named strong performer in...
- Pedagogical College Graduates Life Plans and Their Realization. Pankova, T.A.; Jones, Anthony // Russian Social Science Review;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p84
Focuses on the place of pedagogical colleges and their graduates in Russian society. Reason for the emergence of the pedagogical colleges; Tendencies of unemployment in Russian cities; Categories of those who did not find a job after graduation.
- Graduate vacancies rise, but starting salaries are frozen. // Education (14637073);1/15/2010, Issue 378, p5
The article discusses a report that found that job vacancies for new graduates in Great Britain may increase for 2010 but they may be filled by unemployed 2009 graduates, and that salaries will mostly not increase.
- Fewer Scottish graduates taking up graduate-level careers. // Education (14637073);12/11/2009, Issue 377, p5
The article reports on Scottish graduates. Statistics for Scottish graduates between 2007-2008 have shown that 68.7% of Scottish graduates were employed in graduate level occupations which is a 70.3% drop from 2006-2007. Claire Baker, Labour higher education spokeswoman, states that the...
- Supervisor seeks employment-minded college grads. Feiner, Paul // Westchester County Business Journal;6/9/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 23, p17
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a meeting conducted to address unemployment problems among college graduates or college seniors at Greenburgh Town Hall in New York on June 10.
- Unemployment Rates and Starting Salaries: Are Australian Graduates at the Whim of the Wage Curve? CARROLL, DAVID // Journal of Institutional Research;Jul2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
The existence of an inverse relationship between wage levels and regional unemployment rates, commonly referred to as the wage curve, is well established in the economic literature and was described by Card (1995) as being 'close to an empirical law of economics'. This microeconomic...
- EMPLOYABILITY IN TURBULENT TIMES. Adalsteinsson, Gylfi Dalmann; Runolfsdottir, Helga Run // European Journal of Management;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p145
Following the economic collapse in the autumn of 2008, the situation in the Icelandic job market changed dramatically. Competition for jobs increased markedly, as did the number of unemployed university graduates. In 2007, 9.6% of those unemployed had a university degree. Today, this figure...