Employers urged to dip their toe in Talent Pool
- Atlantic Rising. // Solutions Journal;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p75
The article reviews the website of a group of Cambridge University students located at www.atlanticrising.org which aims to address the rising sea levels in the Atlantic.
- e-connect. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2009, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p60
The article reviews several web sites such as University of Georgia Online M.Ed. in Adult Education, located at www.coe.uga.edu/leap/adulted/online, Virginia Tech M.Ed. or Certificate in Integrative STEM Education located at http://teched.vt.edu/TE/STEM.html and University of Illinois at...
- GSCFM graduates 1993 class at Dartmouth. // Business Credit;Oct93, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p42
Lists the 1993 graduates from the Graduate School of Credit and Financial Management at Dartmouth College. Carl Ammaccapane; Horace Baldwin; Michael L. Brabec; More.
- Accounting graduates are making the grade. // Business Credit;Feb98, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p61
States that according to results from a nationwide survey, accounting and finance college graduates are well-prepared to join the workforce. Information on the response of the 900 chief financial officers who were surveyed; Who developed the survey; Comments from Max Messmer, chairman of...
- For class of '98, it's jobs galore. Rewick, C.J. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p4
Reports that 1998 college graduates in Chicago, Illinois, are expected to get the jobs they desire. Number of recruiters who have been targeting graduates; Demand for corporate jobs in Illinois; Comment from David Ortiz, a senior at the University of Chicago.
- Arkansas family produces 18 black college graduates. // Jet;8/7/89, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p22
Reports on a `Jet' magazine survey of the black father and mother who had produced the most college graduates. Discusses several individual families and how they struggled to have their children attend college.
- Seeking the perfect fit. Melaya, Olive // UNESCO Sources;Dec96, Issue 85, p11
Looks at the problem of finding suitable college graduates in the Philippines to meet the needs of the country's growing economy. Business leaders' satisfaction with the university training received by graduates; Lack of students interested in the science and technology sectors; Need for...
- Graduates who can't communicate. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1994, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
Reports on a survey on Australian university graduates. Graduates' lack of writing and verbal skills; Employers' expenditure on extra training.
- Appeal to Black alumni. // Newsweek;5/14/84, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p16
Because Blacks do not get involved, Blacks must depend on Whites to recruit, interview and fund Black students. Both before and after the diploma is in hand, Black graduates must commit themselves to a bigger role in every step in this process.