NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Publicans revealed to be the 'unhappiest workers'. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;3/27/2014, Issue 141, p5
The article reports on a study from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) of Great Britain which revealed that publicans, people who own and manage a pub, have the lowest job satisfaction.
- 70 per cent of households had Internet access in 2009. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Sep2009, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the Internet access of households in Great Britain in 2009. Data released by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) show that 18.3 million households or 70% has access to the Internet, marking an increase of 11% from the previous year. London, England was posted as the...
- Focus on the Digital age. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Apr2007, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the British Office for National Statistics publication which summarizes the impact of information and communication technology on the economy and society. Focus on the Digital Age illustrates how new technologies are transforming homes and businesses and highlights the...
- U.K. high-speed hot. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;8/24/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 37, p27
The article discusses the rapid growth of high-speed broadband internet. The latest survey from the U.K.'s Office for National Statistics shows that 40 percent of homes have broadband as compared to 28 percent a year ago. Companies including Satcaster BSkyB and telco Carphone Warehouse are...
- Online crime in Britain is on the rise. Kobie, Nicole // PC Pro;Jan2016, Issue 255, p14
The article reports that Great Britain Office for National Statistics found rise in online fraud cases, with estimates that 5.1 million such cases affected 3.8 million people in 2014 alone.
- International information technology impacts. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Nov2008, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the impact of information and communication technology (ICT) on international business, based on a study of the British Office for National Statistics presented at the annual Productivity Conference on October 23, 2008. Productivity effects of high-speed Internet were...
- B2B leads way in Internet sales. // Credit Management;Jul2001, p10
Presents the findings of the Office for National Statistics on the dominance of business-to-business transactions in Internet sales for year 2000 in Great Britain.
- Launch of new series of Focus on reports. // Labour Market Trends;Feb2004, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p55
Presents information on the themes addressed on the Focus on series, a series of online reports launched by Great Britain's Office of National Statistics in January 2004. Issues tackled on the Focus on Gender report; Assessment regarding Great Britain's labor market discussed in the Focus on...
- More shoppers buying furniture online. // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2014, Issue 5879, p12
The article reports on the study by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) which indicates that more consumers are buying house furnishings online with a recorded 12.9 % rise in internet sales for February 2014.