McDonald's relishes the benefits of older workers
- McDonald's Challenge: Make It Simpler, but Add Choices. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;5/27/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p4
The article reports on the restructuring efforts of hamburger chain McDonald's Corp. that aim to meet the changing needs of its customers worldwide. Topics discussed include the poor financial performance of the chain in terms of sales and profit in 2014, the strategies it adopted to prevent its...
- McDonald's Challenge: Make It Simpler, but Add Choices. Choi, Candice // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;5/27/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p4
The article reports on the decision of chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Easterbrook to restructure fast food chain restaurant operator McDonald's Corp. into four units in 2015. The move came following the decline of the company's profit by 15% in 2014. The company also simplified its food...
- Insight: Brand Health Check - 'Pink slime' a headache for McDonald's. Steer, John Jay // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Mar2012, p21
The article announces that McDonald's Corp. has built its outlet in China. It mentions that the construction of a unit in China, is followed by Chinese consumers who doubt quality claims after withdrawal of substandard ingredients in U.S. It informs that the company says its products in China...
- ...While Others Say Late Hours Help... // Restaurant Business;9/01/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p14
McDonald's Corp. has attributed a near-record sales gain in recent months in part to having more restaurants stay open late.
- McD spin meisters present earnings as happy meal. PAPIERNIK, RICHARD L. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/08/99, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p11
Looks at the 1998 financial status of United States-based McDonald's Corp. Stock trading value of the company; Highlights of the report released by the company; Planned stock split of the company.
- Lovin' it: McD sales soar; new ads, higher-tech gear on tap. Garber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the sales performance of restaurant chain McDonald's Corp. as of July 2003 worldwide. Comparative rate of U.S. and worldwide same-store sales; Impetus to the high earnings generated by the company in the U.S.; Plans of the company to increase sales.
- McD shows it can market well with numbers, knack for good timing. Papiernik, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p15
Highlights restaurant chain operator McDonald's Corp.'s earnings report for the first quarter ended March 31, 2000. Net income and earnings per share for the quarter; Financial performance by geographic locations; Restaurant chain's `Made for You' operations.
- Double setback for McDonald's. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/31/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4207, p8
Discusses the financial condition of fast food restaurant operator McDonalds Corp. as of January 2002. Corporate profits posted by the company; Effect of food safety concerns and the Asian economic condition on the operations of the firm; Sales and consumer volume registered in the European market.
- McD sees 16% profit drop, eyes closing 250 stores. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;8/6/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p1
Reports on McDonald Corp.'s third consecutive quarter of decreased profits as of August 6, 2001. Percentage decrease of the profits for the restaurant chain; Closure of stores in selected locations worldwide.