King: 'Broadcasters are still struggling with diversity.'
- "I'm serious about this...". Dams, Tim // Televisual;Nov2009, p10
The article profiles Oona King, head of diversity at Channel 4. She prefers a big carrot approach to persuade the middle class television (TV) industry to diversify its on screen and off screen workforce. She establishes the Cultural Diversity Network's (CDN) Diversity Pledge initiative to...
- T4 goes tea-time with Channel 4 festival slots. Cardew, Ben // Music Week;7/24/2010, Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the live broadcasting of four festivals by Channel 4 which include T4 on the Beach on July 4, 2010, V Festival on August 21-22, and Bestival on September 9-12.
- Practical Experience of 16:9 Television in the 4:3 Format. Hurley, Robin // Image Technology;Jul/Aug1994, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p121
The author reflects on the use of 16:9 television in the 4:3 format for widescreen terrestrial broadcast service in Channel Four Television Co. Ltd. in London, England. He argues how one can get away with compromises to achieve a widescreen transmission. He states that the release of widescreen...
- Channel 4 bows digital web E4. Robey, Tim // Daily Variety;11/07/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 47, p8
Reports the plans of Channel 4 to launch E4, a digital entertainment channel in London, England. Agreement of cable television provider NTL to carry the channel; Television programs featured in the channel; Details on the television programming of E4.
- Sex, life and videotape. // Televisual;Oct2003, p43
Focuses on Paul Abbott's 'Shameless' a semi-autobiographical tale of life on a Manchester estate which will finally be shown in Channel 4 in Great Britain. Cast of the show; Overview on what was the story all about; Duration of the program.
- Dawn of a Rare Day. Dale, Peter // Televisual;Jan2009, p32
The article profiles Peter Dale, former head of More4 television channel in London, England. He was born on July 25, 1955 in Camberwell and studied at the King Henry VIII School and at the Liverpool University. He states that he left Channel 4 because he wants to retain a degree of independence....
- Channel 4 Channel 4 news bulletin. // Campaign (UK);11/11/2011, Issue 45, p5
The article reports that Channel 4 will promote its seven p.m. news bulletin developed by The Cloud and Compass, 4Creative and Rudd Studio.
- Axe falls on Brookside. // Televisual;Nov2002, p13
Reports on changes at Channel 4 imposed by controller Mark Thompson. Revamp of soap opera 'Brookside'; Launching of poster campaign; Increase in Channel 4's budget for new drama.
- Channel 4 goes back to basics? Ellis, Mundy // Televisual;Nov2002, p19
Focuses on Channel 4's 20th anniversary. Peaktime ratings; Program budget; Launching of various television programs; Plans of Mark Thompson for the company.