- Trends. // HR Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p82
The article notes staffing management trends in the U.S. such as competition in recruiting and retaining employees, the nonmonetary rewards younger workers are looking for, and replacement of full-time employees with contingent workers.
- Briefs. // HR Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p20
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management in the U.S. including the ruling by the California Supreme Court that stray remarks by individuals who are not involved in the decision to terminate a worker's employment could be considered in the employee's age discrimination...
- Independent contractor or employee? DÃ©jÃ vu all over again. KALISH, JERRY // Employee Benefit News;Oct2009, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p46
The article looks at the importance of the proper classification of a worker as an independent contractor or employee in the U.S. It offers a comparison between employers and independent contractors in terms of the obligation of the employer. The three factors to consider in such classification...
- The HR I.Q. Test. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p6
A quiz concerning personnel management and employee rules in the U.S. is presented.
- Sudden discipline after exemplary record? Don't rule out supervisor prejudice. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Dec2011, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p3
The article presents an overview of implementing sudden discipline following exemplary records, citing the possible influence of superior's prejudice on the motivation of the discipline in the U.S.
- Upcoming. // HR Magazine;Jul2011, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p65
A calendar of events for the human resources (HR) industry in the U.S. in July-August 2011, which includes the Leadership Development for HR Professionals event, the Diversity Practitioner of the 21st Century: What New Practitioners Need to Know seminar, and the Society for Human Resource...
- DIRECT APPROACH. // Smart Business Chicago;May2012, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p9
The article focuses on the importance of personal communication in managing the employees at Brand Synergy Group in the U.S.
- The Power of Our Profession. Jackson, Henry G. // HR Magazine;Dec2015/Jan2016, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses one report within the issue regarding the trends shaping the U.S. workplace and human resource (HR) profession and advice on how to respond to these trends in 2016.
- GIFT CARD incentives. Travelstead, Joan // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2010, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p96
The article focuses on the importance of employers to use rewards and recognition to encourage workers to work the necessary hours and make better use of time while maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in the U.S. It notes the essentiality of employers to select an award that everyone on the...