10 catchy political party slogans
- TOP 10 CAMPAIGN SLOGANS. Gregory, Sean // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/22/2008, Issue 50, p39
The article lists the top 10 slogans from the 2008 U.S. presidential campaign, which include U.S. President-elect Barack Obama's "Yes We Can," Senator John McCain's "Country First," and Senator Hillary Clinton's "Solutions for America."
- Taglines Hits and Misses. // Ward's Dealer Business;Aug2007, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p20
A list of automobile advertising taglines that succeeded and failed are presented. Among those that succeeded include "The Ultimate Driving Machine," from BMW, "Like A Rock," from Chevrolet, and "For Life," from Volvo. Among those that failed include "Dogs Love Trucks" and "Shift 2.0" from...
- Slogans in education and in society. Ediger, Marlow // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p37
Dicusses the use of slogans in the educational and social arenas. View that slogans are somewhat inaccurate; Criticism of the public school system in the United States; Importance of critically analyzing slogans.
- Say what you mean, por favor. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;01/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p4
Reports on a reader of `For the People,' Morris Stone from Mineola, New York, whose favorite advertising slogan is `It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.' What the Spanish slogan read when translated into Spanish and then back into English; Description of other slogans gone awry.
- Clasic forget-me-nots. Marshall, Caroline // Management Today;Nov97, p136
Focuses on the creation of classic slogans for advertisements. Information on slogans; Ability for individuals to remember slogans; terms used in place of slogan; Good merits of a slogan.
- Successful slogans... Keidel, Robert W. // American Printer;Aug97, Vol. 219 Issue 5, p16
Presents a quotation from printing consultant Robert W., Keidel related to the importance of corporate slogans.
- No laughs at the circus. Walter, Claire; Latsis, Terianne // Skiing;Feb91, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p16
Reports that Utah has finally got around to registering the self-proclaimed `Greatest Show on Earth' slogan, counterfilled an objection with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- A you're adorable. // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr95, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p7
Features the logo and slogan for the City of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Formulation of the slogan by Mayor Martin Chavez; Logo design by designers at Rick Johnson & Co.
- It's a great time for marketing the region. // Crain's Detroit Business;03/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
Opinion. Presents information on the use of slogans in the city of Detroit. Identification of two slogans that received some criticism; Reason the slogans apply despite the criticism; Details on the technology sectors in Detroit.