- Big Media grows up. Johnson, Debbie // American Printer;Jun99, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p78
Talks about the influx of the wide-format digital output in the graphic arts marketplace. Substrates added by Hewlett-Packard to its product line-up; Effect of the stiff competition in the substrates market on vendors; Purpose of the partnership between hardware and substrate suppliers.
- Quick color fixes. Lehan, Chris // Macworld;Dec1997, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p186
Presents information on how to remove color casts in Photoshop for Macintosh users. Problem of screen versus printed product differences; Hot to set Photoshop's Info palette to display the same cyan, magenta, yellow and black (CMYK) ink percentages used in printing; Fixing the color cast by...
- Digital Press Economics: Looking for the Bottom Line. Michael, Gerry A. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the complex decisions faced by the owners and managers of graphic arts firms in investing digital printing presses. Factors considered in the decision; Implication of customers demand on the investment decision; Rapid evolution of technology in graphic arts industry. INSETS: Is...
- Printoff grabs UK first with Konica C8000 to up web-to-print work. Sheahan, Tim // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);6/11/2010, p11
The article discusses Printoff Graphic Arts' purchase of Great Britain's first Press C800 printer from Konica.
- EFI claims latest Jetrion ups substrate options. Sheahan, Tim // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);9/10/2010, p12
The article reports on the development by EFI of a ultraviolet (UV)-curing digital label printer that can print on flexible packaging substrates.
- Cash conjurers & crisp colour. Baird, Doug; Dresch, Alan; Psarianos, Andy // Printing World;Dec2008, p60
The article presents questions and answers related to the printing industry in Great Britain including where to look for a part-time or interim finance director, what to do when generating unstable colour in the digital press and how to help customers in improving and supplying proper...
- VGL takes UK first OcÃ© Light Jet. Hawkins, Tom // Printing World;6/24/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 1, p6
Reports that the Reading, England-based screen and digital print specialist VGL is considered the first company in Great Britain to install Oce's superwide LightJet 500XL photo laser printer. Graphics capabilities and speed; Expected demand for light boxes, retail banners and window drops.
- Inline digital finishing. Gbadamosi, Nosmot // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/23/2009, p29
The article announces the increase in digital presses that use inline systems as a finishing option. The shift, according to the article, is due to the system's efficiency as shown by a decrease in falling run rate which means faster delivery of saleable print. It notes that finishing a printing...
- facts&figures. // Printing World;10/28/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 6, p18
This article presents statistical information on the publishing and printing industry. Almost half of design and production firms surveyed by TrendWatch Graphic Arts in the U.S. say that digital printing jobs are rising. This compares with a figure of 36% last year, representing a 74% increase....