Centres of excellence
- Millennium Arena opens in Cardiff. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the transformation of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales into an exhibition arena. The grid and drape system allows the main bowl to be reduced into four potential staging configurations to accommodate events with audiences of between 12, 000 and 46, 000. The...
- Taking centre stage. Thorley, Chantelle // Event;May2009, p45
The article describes the Midlands as Great Britain's regional event and exhibition destination. Located between the country's north and south region, the Midlands is at the hub of major rail and motorway networks, making it accessible from all corners of the country. Several event locations...
- NEW VENUES AND REFURBISHMENTS. // Event;Feb2007, p28
The article offers news briefs on various event venues in Great Britain. The Saviles Hall will be opened in April 2007 and will be located at the Clarence Dock next to the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds, England. Included in the features of the conference and casino cluster of Blackpool are...
- THE LAST PIECE. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;8/20/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p28
Reports on the plans to renovate the arena in Anaheim, California, after the renovation of the Anaheim Convention Center. Condition of the arena; Projections on the funds required to renovate the arena. INSET: Full Speed Ahead..
- Construction Means Black Ink Again For Grand Center. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/29/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the revenue projections for the Grand Center and the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan, for the fiscal year starting on July 1, 2003. Reductions in the convention center's revenue stream; Impact of a convention center expansion on its revenues; Factors contributing to the...
- Arena net income: $1 million-plus. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/11/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p4
The article reports that the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan is predicted to earn slightly more than one million dollars in 2013, while the DeVos Place convention center is estimated to lose 602,618 dollars during the year.
- Iowa County Crafting Convention Center Financing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30882, p4
Reports on the financing of Polk County, Iowa's proposed convention center and arena. Possible use of several revenue streams; Ticket surcharges; Hotel-motel taxes.
- Liverpool arena foundations in place. // Music Week;11/4/2006, Issue 44, p5
The article reports on an arena and convention center being built in Liverpool, England, which is scheduled to open in January, 2008. A chief executive, a finance director, and 3 general managers have been hired to run the complex. Their names and some of their credentials are mentioned. The...
- Arsenal FC's new home to host Stadium Experience Venue Show. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Feb2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p2
The article announces that Arsenal Football Club's Emirates Stadium in North London, England will host "The Stadium Experience Venue Show" on May 17, 2007. As part of the event, football clubs will exhibit conference and banqueting facilities. Conference and event buyers will have the...