Lessons for the front line
- GM toughens stock options. Child, Charles // Automotive News;3/20/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5596, p1
Reports on General Motors' (GM) plans to link the stock options of its top executives to the performance of its business units. Extension of accountability to plant level; Improvement of the company's accounting system; GM's creation of stand-alone financial statements for each of the company's...
- GM strike ends. Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 39, p20
Reports on the end of the strike by the General Motors managers on January 21, 1995 at a Flint Michigan factory.
- GM execs get hefty raises. // Ward's Auto World;Apr94, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the salary increases of executives of General Motors Corporation.
- Appeals court orders GM to pay health care of early retirees. // Ward's Auto World;Sep96, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
Reports that the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit has upheld a lower court ruling that General Motors Corp. must pay lifetime health insurance benefits for the retirees who left the company between 1974 and 1988.
- GM reassigns most of Saturn's engineers. Gardner, Greg // Ward's Auto World;Sep98, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the decision of General Motors Corporation (GM), to reassign 450 of Saturn Corporation's 700 engineers to the GM Car Group. Problems experienced in the experimental small car venture; Statements from Saturn President Donald Hudler.
- Labor unrest at GM. Keller, Maryann // Automotive Industries;May95, Vol. 175 Issue 5, p13
Analyzes labor disputes at the parts and assembly plants of General Motors (GM) in different parts of the US since 1994. Details about various such unrest at GM plants; Factors responsible for the disputes; Efforts of GM to curb the problem.
- UAW local 594 looks for a partnership. Child, Charles // Automotive News;11/11/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5686, p67
Reports on the difficulties affecting the creation of a partnership between General Motors Corporation and the United Automobile Workers (UAW). Views of Local 594 official Ken Summers; Future productivity plans of the company.
- Finals week. // Automotive News;9/1/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5729, p6
Presents a photograph of General Motors Corp. summer interns at a press event in Warren, Michigan in August 1997.
- GM should sweeten profit-sharing pot. Smith, David C. // Ward's Auto World;Feb95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
Editorial. Comments on General Motors Corp.'s bonus for its middle and top management employees in 1995. Improvement in the firm's profit; Comparison of General Motors Corp.'s bonus with those of Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Corp.; Profit-sharing expected to be received by the firm's other...