AEO to provide on-line job aid
- Nab a job from the Web. // Career World;Apr/May97, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the increase in the number of companies that use the World Wide Web to fill job vacancies. Web site of the `Washington Post' newspaper for job listings.
- Job. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Winter96/97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p32
Introduces the Federal Employment Information System, a self-service system that offers job information. Descriptions and features of the system.
- Out-of-work execs travel the superhighway. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Jun96, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the results of a survey which found that more than half of unemployed managers use the Internet in job hunting. Backgrounds; Activities of job seekers on the Internet.
- More about job searching on the Internet. Stratton, Brad // Quality Progress;Jun97, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p5
Editorial. Comments on the responses of quality professionals to a question posed on their job-searching experiences on the Internet, which was published in the editorial of the 1997 February issue of `Quality Progress' magazine. Process respondent number one went through; Sources respondent...
- Net-working. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p7
Features Web sites for job searching on the Internet. Includes Job Hunt; The Catapult; Yahoo.
- Employees posting jobs on the Internet. // USA Today Magazine;May97, Vol. 125 Issue 2624, p9
Focuses on a survey which found that working the Internet may be as important as networking when it comes to a job search. The survey of executives in the United States as conducted by Accountemps; The percentage of respondents who said that using the Internet for recruiting efforts is almost...
- Campus connections. Maynard, Roberta // Nation's Business;May97, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p14
Notes that the use of the Internet as a job-finding tool is increasing. Reason for the increase.
- Travel the information superhighway. Cook, David // Black Collegian;Oct95 1st Semester, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p91
Presents a guide to the Internet for the college student. Background; Hooking up; Use as a job search tool.
- Job hunting made easy. Karagiannis, Dan // Popular Electronics;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p20
Presents two internet sites from CareerPath and Career Resource Center for easy job hunting. Information provided by CareerPath; Career Resource Center as `Internet's most complete and extensive index of career-related Web sites;' Category links to choose from at the Career Resource Center site.