Travel show set to welcome record exhibitors
- How to reward workers around the world. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;2/21/94, Vol. 17 Issue 8, pT1
Features multinational travel incentive programs for employees. View of incentive travel as a bribe in Japan; Acquisition of international panache of the cowboy theme incentive trip; Tendency of European businessmen to take their mistresses on overseas trips.
- Motivate employees with soft adventure trips. Reser, Tave // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/17/95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p31A
Offers businesses some guidelines for using travel incentives to motivate employees. Three examples of adventurous awards; Sea kayaking; Montana cattle drive; Sailing a 12-meter America's Cup racing yacht.
- SITE U. canceled. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p13
Reports that the Society of Incentive Travel Executives has canceled its 2003 annual SITE University. Reasons for the cancellation; Background on the annual event.
- The Corporate Retreat: An Alaska Adventure. Bonham, Nicole A. // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the use of incentive travel and adventure travel by companies in Alaska to discuss business proposals or reward an employee. Adoption of the concept by Ketchikan-based Waterfall Group and its Waterfall Resort; Complete incentive destinations in Alaska; Luxury hospitality for...
- Motivating force. Ng, Melissa // Travel Agent;01/20/97, Vol. 284 Issue 11, p81
Focuses on the incentive travel business. Basic elements of incentive travel; Difference between incentive travel business and corporate or retail travel; Availability of information on the business through the Society of Incentive & Travel Executives' (SITE) resources or contact consultants in...
- THAILAND TEMPTS MICE BUYERS WITH 1 MILLION BAHT. // Buying Business Travel;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 60, p12
The article reports that the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) is offering a cashback incentive worth of one million baht to the travel agents who will buy Meetings-Incentive-Conferences-Exhibition/Events (MICE) travel packages.
- Making the most of incentives budgets. Austen-Jones, Lisa // Marketing (00253650);7/18/2002, p29
Focuses on the trends in staff incentives on the marketing industry in Great Britain. Preference of employers for giving incentives through travel; Shift in incentive travel business toward programs incorporating team-building activities; Contribution of the increasing volatility in the...
- Incentives & Taxes. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jun2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p32
Presents guidelines for interpreting the tax code related to incentive travel. Taxes levied on the recipient of a pure incentive trip; Deductibles that companies claim on the cost of the trip; Reflection of the trip on the recipients income tax return.
- RETHINK YOUR INCENTIVES. Scofidio, Barbara // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2010, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the advantage of giving incentive trips to employees for the firm in the U.S. Incentive trips should be given based on the interest of each employee. Giving an employee the privilege to travel to a company factory in another destination will benefit the firm because this...