Troubled Wems merged with CI
- Wembley snares CI in pound 4.5m deal. White, Sara // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p10
Reports that Wembley Event Management Services (WEMS) has bought corporate hospitality and event management specialist Corporate Innovations (CI). Cost of the acquisition; Potential benefits of the purchase to WEMS; Profit of CI for the year ended September 30, 2000.
- Buy-outs put Really Useful Theatres in strong position. // Music Week;6/29/2002, Issue 25, p4
Reports on the acquisition deal of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Theatres with the ticketing company Way Ahead and Wembley PLC as of June 29, 2002. Estimated cost of the acquisition deal; Clients of Way Ahead prior to the acquisition deal; Terms of the deal.
- Kerzner in position to block MGM Mirage takeover of Wembley. // International Gaming & Wagering;Apr2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the partnership entered by the Kerzner International that could block MGM Mirage from acquiring Wembley PLC. Percentage of shares controlled by Kerzner; Assets owned by Wembley.
- deal failures. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p72
Presents information on failed deals in the U.S. merger and acquisition market as of December 2004. Reason for the failure of the acquisition deal established between Nu Coastal LLC and Cross Country Energy LLC; Withdrawal of the acquisition agreement established between Newbridge Capital LLC...
- Final hours at the twin towers? Bose, Mihir // Director;Feb1995, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on the future of Wembley plc in Great Britain. Offers to buy the company; What sport that company is associated with; History of the company; Identity of serious bidders; Conflicts that have affected the company; Company's financial status.
- Wembley's back in the game. Robb, Liam // Management Today;Jun97, p70
Presents information on the bids for 120 million of Lottery money which the Wembley plc mandated for the transformation of the English National Stadium. Where the competition for the Lottery money mainly came from; Comments from Tony Banks, Labor Minister of Parliament for Newham North West.
- Webley puts plans for overhaul on hold. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p5
Reports the delay in the redevelopment plans of Wembley company. Overview of the redevelopment plans; Reason for the delay.
- Wembley reveals plan to focus on track-base businesses. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;8/22/2002, p2
Reports on the plans of gaming and track entertainment group Wembley to focus on its track-based gaming operations following the disposal of a number of non-core businesses. Disposal of leisure and entertainment complex; Financial performance of the company.
- Stadium stall hits Wembley's plans. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;May2000, p6
Focuses on the stalled plans of Wembley in redeveloping the Wembley National Stadium. Role of the Brent Council in the approval of the plans; Effect of the stalled plans to the proposed hosting of the World Cup in 2006.